Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participa...
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We're a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We're guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Engineering at Venmo and PayPal At Venmo and PayPal, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world. Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our capacities and building new features to meet and exceed our user's needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. Product Intelligence team Imagine what you could do here. Venmo is the fastest growing peer-to-peer financial brand and keeps innovating in the tech industry. The Venmo Product Intelligence (a.k.a Applied Science) team is looking for a talented Staff Machine Learning Engineer - Software to help build our next generation of data products and ML services. We derive valuable insights from our extensive, rich and rapidly growing datasets in order to improve the daily experience of our customers. This role is critical to the engineering team and will be deeply Embedded within multi-disciplinary teams across the company. You will join the team that partners with data scientists and data engineers to transform machine learning models into algorithm-driven services. You will have the opportunity to take full ownership of the design and implementation of highly reliable, scalable and performant services. You'll contribute across the entire ML Ops lifecycle (including model training, deployment, and monitoring), building out tooling that enables data scientists to productionize their models. You will drive the adoption of appropriate technologies for business, lead the way for continuous innovation and shape the future of e-commerce.
- 5+ years of industry experiences in building software and services to support machine learning applications.
- Extensive experience in building large-scale machine learning infrastructure for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, search, NLP, etc.
- Experience with Big Data and distributed technologies such as Spark, EMR, Kafka.
- Practical experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm designs, run-time analysis and code quality verification.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python (preferred), Scala, Java, etc.
- Operational experience of AWS Lambda, Dynamo DB, Sagemaker, Personalize and other services.
- Have a deep understanding of experimental design and architecture, preferably at scale.
- Preferred to have a basic knowledge of machine learning and data science.
- Passion and intellectual curiosity for the social science and FinTech domain.
- Comfortable in working in an ambiguous, fast-paced and high-growth dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and ability to take ownership of meeting with cross-functional team leads on a regular basis.
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at (see below)