Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collabor...
Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world's largest automakers, we're building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet The Team
Lidar-based sensing drives many of the technical approaches to challenges for L4 self-driving vehicles, and forms a key part of our autonomy stack. Self-driving cars can use Lidar data for localization, obstacle detection, and detecting actors in the environment. The implementation must meet rigorous real-time constraints while building rich models of the geometric state of the world. Ultimately, we must not only solve the algorithm challenges but produce safety-quality high performance software. This position requires both strong algorithmic fundamentals and solid software engineering skills.
What You'll Do
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Implement libraries, algorithms, and tools for processing Lidar data to push the state-of-the-art in obstacle detection, object tracking, and related perception challenges
- Manage a team of 5-7
- Test and field these algorithms for real-time operation on autonomous vehicles at scale in challenging environments
- Collaborate with engineers across a variety of teams to brainstorm and accelerate development of perception capabilities
- Coordinate with data collection to select and label relevant data to improve our tracking algorithms and develop metrics by which the tracking system is evaluated
What We Offer You
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills using C++ in real-time, computationally efficient systems are required. If the candidate is not already an expert in C++, a willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge in this language is required
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of point cloud or Lidar based algorithms such as segmentation, localization, filtering, surface estimation/fitting, and interpolation/extrapolation
- Theoretical knowledge of detection, segmentation, obstacle detection, graphical methods, probabilistic algorithms or optimization
- Strong desire for candidates with hands on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired
- Experience in Linux environments is desired
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world's leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers' global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.