Who We Are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally - operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a maj...
Who We Are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally - operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$150M (pacing to $170M in 2021) and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in 'Great Places to Work' in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced tech lead to join our machine learning team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining a group of machine learning tools for clients to optimize to value and outcomes - whether that be scale, efficiency or both of their campaigns in the Rokt marketplace.
As a lead machine learning engineer, you are someone who has significant expertise in both machine learning and software engineering.
You will be expected to apply your problem solving and leadership skills to prioritize and execute on new feature development, machine learning initiatives and improvements to the existing services. You will work closely with the Product and Customer Success teams to help prioritize and translate feature requests into clear engineering requirements, collaborating with your team of engineers. You will be leading, mentoring and growing a team of machine learning engineers and data scientists.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Responsible for effective sprint planning and managing delivery expectations with peer product managers.
- Manage the operational support and incident recoveries to ensure the smooth and continuous running of the services.
- Participates in system designs and owns system components end to end.
- Accountable for maintaining the high quality of the code base and regular contributor of features and bug fixes.
- Solves complex problems and sees them through to completion.
- Facilitates collaboration within and across teams.
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
- Manage and mentor the team by actively supporting them to develop their careers and to challenge them to step outside of their comfort zone for growth and development.
Capabilities & requirements
- MS or Phd in a quantitative field - computer science, engineering, statistics.
- 6+ years experience in machine learning, data science or software engineering with the last 2+ years in a technical lead role
- Experience in recommender systems, click modelling, conversion modelling, Ads targeting and deep learning.
- Experience in leading a team either as a technical lead or a manager.
- Experience in building production grade end to end machine learning solutions.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, 'Level Up' investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt'speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt'star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt'stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.