About News Break
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local news. Since its founding in 2015, it has grown by...
About News Break
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local news. Since its founding in 2015, it has grown by leaps and bounds. We're the nation's largest intelligent local news platform!
News Break is ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android with 12M+ daily active users and 25M+ monthly users (data source: App Annie).
We're a series-C startup headquartered at Mountain View, California.
For more information, visit
About The Role
- Develop highly scalable tools leveraging machine learning models to solve problems such as classification, clustering, topic modeling, natural language processing and recommendation
- Develop in-house machine learning tools and pipelines to support fast experimentation of machine learning models
- Work with other engineers to identify and solve machine learning problems
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, deep learning, feed, relevance and data mining.
- Expert knowledge in Java or Scala
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, and shell scripts
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with 3+ years of machine learning related work or research, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or MxNet
- Publications in trade journals such as JMLR or Machine Learning, or Presentations at related conferences such as ICML, NeurIPS, KDD, SIGIR and etc.
We provide a highly competitive compensation package including base salary, bonuses, and stock options. Benefits include great Medical, Dental and Vision. A flat organization and family-like culture makes this a perfect environment to make huge impact on our product and grow your skill set.