Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push ...
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets. About the Role
The Uber Marketplace Eng Organization ( ) is at the core of Uber's business, and Rider Pricing and Incentives are two strategically critical components of the Marketplace. Our mission is to foster growth and increase profitability by pushing the frontiers of machine learning, data science and economics, and developing highly reliable and scalable platforms that accelerate Uber's impact on the transportation industry.
We are a rapidly growing team with high impact and visibility from the top. We're responsible for developing state of the art technology to optimize the pricing and incentives strategy in our platform that directly drives efficiencies and effectiveness across user (riders, drivers, eaters, restaurants, etc) interaction with Uber. We manage a significant portion of Uber's pricing and incentives spending budget, and we seek to build long-term loyalty among Uber users and create a healthy and balanced ecosystem. What You'll Do
- Own the technical roadmap, architecture, design and strategy for the team.
- Hire and retain critical and top notch talent in backend, ML, optimization, data
- Collaborate with multiple product, data and engineering teams to analyze key business problems and deliver engineering solutions end to end.
- BS/BE degree in Computer Science and related field
- Minimum 6 years industry experience in designing and building engineering solutions in production
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Deep domain expertise in one or multiple areas like machine learning/deep learning, statistics, optimization.
- Proven experience with distributed storage and database systems
- Track record of building large-scale, highly-available systems for both batch and streaming