Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Welcoming, collaborative and having the opportunity to make an impact - is how our employees ...
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who We Are
Welcoming, collaborative and having the opportunity to make an impact - is how our employees describe working here. Galileo is a financial technology company that provides innovative and revolutionary software products and services that power some of the world's largest Fintechs. We are the only payments innovator that applies tech and engineering capabilities to empower Fintechs and financial institutions to unleash their full creativity to achieve their most inspired goals. Galileo leads its industry with superior fraud detection, security, decision-making analytics and regulatory compliance functionality combined with customized, responsive and flexible programs to accelerate the success of all payments companies and solve tomorrow's payments challenges today. We hire energetic and creative employees while providing them the opportunity to excel in their careers and make a difference for our clients. Learn more about us and why we work here at
As a Staff Machine Learning Engineer, you'll use machine learning techniques to recognize risky transactions on behalf of Galileo's clients and their customers--even before they do. You'll be a key member of the team building the industry's next-generation risk and fraud solutions, working with accomplished product management professionals who deeply understand the risk and fraud space, skilled data scientists, and engineering colleagues who have been there and done that to help you get your models into production.
What you'll do
- Develop innovative features and models leveraging one of the deepest datasets in the fintech space.
- Drive the adoption of machine learning techniques across the engineering organization by developing tools and training
- Collaborate with platform developers to design and build Galileo's machine learning platform
- Partner with experts in product strategy and management to lead the industry in risk and fraud solutions
What you must have to succeed
- 5+ years leading machine learning development projects and mentoring other machine learning engineers
- A values-driven approach to your role--SoFi and Galileo are values-driven firms and we look to work with people who are values-driven as well
- A desire to make a difference by extending and diversifying the reach of innovative payments solutions around the world
- A data-driven approach to your work -- you don't just run experiments for model development, you experiment with your own work, constantly trying to improve
- Expertise across the lifecycle of machine-learning model development and deployment, leveraging cloud tooling for data prep, model building, and deployment
- A track record of successfully mentoring machine learning engineers and data scientists while developing tools and techniques that make whole teams better machine learning users
- Extensive experience with cloud-based model preparation and building as part of deploying innovative features
- Expertise in the specific tooling we leverage including, fundamental AWS knowledge, SageMaker, PyTorch, TensorFlow, SciKit, pandas and related technologies.
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field from a fully-accredited college or university
Experience it'd be helpful to have
Why You'll Love Working Here
- A track record of successfully developing payment risk and fraud technology solutions
- Experience in the payments industry
- Expertise in data and analytical platform tooling and development
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
Galileo Financial Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.