FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operat...
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at
The Data Science team develops innovative, data-driven solutions. We collaborate with Mandiant security experts to understand hard problems and deliver impactful solutions. Our comprehensive view of the advanced threat landscape provides a unique opportunity for the team to have major impact within our industry, company, and across our customer base.
As a Machine Learning Engineer on the Data Science team, you will design and implement software to support data science projects. That includes backend processing, data ingestion systems, model training and evaluation pipelines, and deploying models to different environments. Part of your responsibilities are to automate the model retraining process so that production models can be easily maintained. You'll be in a fast-paced environment working as part of a team that strives to produce quality deliverables in a timely manner. If you are someone who wants to be on the cutting edge of a high-profile industry, who wants to make an impact by pushing both fields of data science and cyber security forward, you may be the perfect candidate to help us on our mission.
What You Will Do
- Develop, and manage data systems to ingest and process data at massive scale
- Contribute towards the architecture and design of software solutions for long-term storage and retrieval, including managing large-scale datasets
- Work with data scientists to productize ML models and assist product teams with ML model releases into end products
- Collect requirements, design, and build backend components and tools to serve ML models, receive feedback, and generate model statistics
- Create automation to support ML model retraining and maintenance
- Work with data scientists to develop tools that identify problems during model training and evaluation
- Contribute to the evolution of coding and design practices within the organization, implementing ETL processes and building data pipelines
- Review code base commits and contribute to the growth of team members
- Ability to work in an iterative, agile development environment
- Strong experience developing in Python 3
- Experience developing reliable distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of AWS services and associated tools
- Strong knowledge of a variety of operating systems, networking fundamentals, software design and programming best practices
- Experience using a wide array of algorithms and data structures
- Deep understanding and experience of going through the entire life cycle of building software platforms and products
- Experience in schema design
- Experience developing in at least one of the following: Java (preferred), Go or C
- Experience with RDBMS, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL, as well as NoSQL
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience deploying products in AWS
- Ability to pick up, work with and explore new analytical tools
- Strong experience with DevOps practices and common tooling
- Understanding of machine learning concepts, especially with regard to metrics and model evaluation
- Ability to work with loosely defined requirements
Additional InformationAt FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(Colorado applicants only*)
Minimum Salary: $116,800. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye's Compensation Committee, and vesting termsBenefits
Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
- Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)