Megagon Labs is an innovation hub within the Recruit Group, conducting top-notch research and building technologies in Mountain View and Tok...
Megagon Labs is an innovation hub within the Recruit Group, conducting top-notch research and building technologies in Mountain View and Tokyo. We are making impacts through the Recruit Group's worldwide services and products by collaborating with its subsidiaries such as Indeed and Glassdoor. Our mission is to empower people with better information to make their best decision. The areas we focus are Data Management, Data Integration, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Human-Computer Interaction.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be leading productization of cutting-edge work on NLP from our research team and play a key role in tech transfer to our subsidiaries for production deployment. Your role will require you to work closely with research and engineering teams and bridge the gap in transforming research into deliverables, starting from reading academic research papers, to delivering designing, architecting, and building service-oriented systems. Additionally, you will be interfacing with product managers to work towards the adoption of solutions, identifying and meeting technical and other requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between research and engineering teams and product managers
- Lead technical aspects of project, mentor junior engineers for professional development
- Transform needs and requirement into technical specifications and solutions
- Design software architectures and lead development of solutions
- Keep track of new developments in research and engineering in NLP and related fields
- Utilize and develop state-of-the-art algorithms and models for NLP/ML, perform analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Lead agile development of solutions in dynamic research and engineering teams
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and management to ensure delivery
- Actively help build an open, transparent, and collaborative engineering culture
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to design software systems utilizing microservices architectures, container orchestration, and cloud-computing
- Ability to apply engineering best practices to make architectural and design decisions that have been made in terms of functionalities, user-experience, performance, reliability, and scalability
- Demonstrated experience of production quality software development in Python, Java, and/or C or C++
- Demonstrated problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills to handle complex situations effectively
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work as a team lead with high EQ
- Self-motivated decision maker, frequently taking initiative to improve code the base and share best practices