Lightmatter is a photonic computer company redefining what computers and human beings are capable of by building the engines that will power...
Lightmatter is a photonic computer company redefining what computers and human beings are capable of by building the engines that will power discoveries and drive progress in a sustainable way. With modern human progress relying heavily on computers, the world has hit a dead end with traditional transistors and the prospect of constantly building data centers is an environmental nightmare. Lightmatter has created a solution in photonic computing using photons instead of electrons to take advantage of their higher bandwidth.
Our company has combined electronics, photonics and new algorithms to create a next generation computing platform for artificial intelligence. Lightmatter's new processor is faster, more efficient and cooler than anything created before.
Our architecture leverages unique properties of light to enable fast and efficient inference and training engines. We are looking for talented software engineers to help us build the next generation of AI processors.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing highly optimized libraries fundamental to its operation. You'll be working with multiple software teams, deep learning scientists, and digital, analog, and photonic designers, to implement the features needed to accelerate the next generation of machine learning algorithms.
If you're a collaborative engineer or scientist who has a passion for innovation, solving challenging technical problems and doing impactful work you need to join the team at Lightmatter!
- Collaborate with the compiler and machine learning teams to determine low-latency, high-throughput schemes for executing neural networks on our ML accelerator
- Design and implement high-performance operator/algorithm implementations
- Develop infrastructure for authoring and testing operators
- Design and develop supporting libraries, like a device runtimes and calibration routines
- Collaborate with systems software teams and hardware teams to ensure the system provides the necessary functionality to achieve maximum performance
- Diagnose and fix performance and integration issues across the software stack using simulators and hardware
- BS or higher in computer/software engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
- 8+ years commercial development or equivalent hands-on experience
- Highly proficient in C/C++
- Experience developing and/or analyzing algorithms
- Strong understanding of computer architecture
Nice to Have
- Experience with hardware-software codesign and integration
- Experience writing applications for SIMD processors or accelerators like GPUs or FPGAs.
- Familiarity with machine learning workloads
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401k
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Family Leave
- Stock Option Plan
Lightmatter recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.