We are looking for an incredibly bright Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing Platform Machine Learning engineering ...
We are looking for an incredibly bright Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing Platform Machine Learning engineering team.
If you have passion and hands-on experience solving real-world business challenges using machine learning in large scale systems, a strong track record building deep learning models and deploying them in production, and want to make a huge positive impact in people's lives around the world, then this is a great opportunity for you.
The role involves application of machine learning and other related techniques in areas of natural language processing, predictions and recommendations to improve user experiences and decision making, customer service, security, image recognition and retrieval, and more. If you are the kind of person who thrives in a challenging environment and has creative expertise and a thirst for pushing the limits, we are interested in you!
Our platform teams are comprised of talented Software Engineers who get a thrill out of solving hard problems, working in a full stack environment, delivering quality code at scale, and enhancing performance and functionality. If this is you, let us know and you can be a part of it.
- Work with our engineering and product teams, translating their requirements and applying the latest machine learning techniques to solve real business problems, improve our platform, and develop new capabilities
- Participate in interviews and help build a world-class team of engineers
- Design, build, and train custom models and evaluate model performance
- Help the team deploy production ready models to customers, to learn from customer feedback and make frequent model improvements
- Contribute to the overall architecture and implementation of our ML infrastructure, data pipelines, inference engine(s), APIs, and products
- Collaborate with our engineering and product teams to understand their machine learning related needs and to provide guidance and support where necessary
- Provide mentoring and technical direction for more junior team members where needed
- Follow best practices and share them with the team
- Participate in functional, technical, and code reviews
- Work in an Agile environment
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with ML and other statistical techniques and successfully delivering and running ML-powered applications in production
- A Masters in Computer Science or related field, concentration in Machine Learning is preferred
- Hands-on experience with ML infrastructure development and support using cloud computing technologies
- Fluent in Python, including experience with packages such as NumPy and pandas
- Proficient with SQL, notably writing and optimizing queries
- Experience in big data tooling such as AWS Glue/Data Catalog/Athena/EMR/Lake Formation, Spark, Dask, Ray, or Hadoop
- Experience in TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch, MXNet, or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience in applying machine learning for a global-scale enterprise or consumer application
- Experience in data engineering and architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability working with AWS, Google Cloud, or other cloud-based solutions to train models, set up data pipelines, and set up inference engines
- Experience in microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, or other containerizers
- Experience with developing ML methods in Jupyter Notebooks environment
- Experience with developing NLP models, e.g. for chatbots or automated assistants
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills especially debugging of complex software systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for applying latest technologies into the development of innovative features and products
- A collaborative attitude and demonstrated team-working ability
- Self-motivated with a strong passion for learning