WhyLabs is on a mission to build an interface between AI applications and human operators. As a member of our early team you will be respons...
WhyLabs is on a mission to build an interface between AI applications and human operators. As a member of our early team you will be responsible for building core customer-facing components of the WhyLabs Platform. Your work will help customers across AI organizations monitor the health and performance of their AI models at enterprise scale. In this capacity you will build and invent approaches for monitoring and understanding data quality, data/concept drifts, as well as ongoing model performance. You will contribute to open source libraries () as well as develop key components of the enterprise platform that enables robust operations of AI applications.
WhyLabs is a fast-growing early stage startup. There will be many opportunities for growth and ownership as we move fast to build solutions for customers who deploy and operate AI. As a Machine Learning Engineer and an early member of this team, you will:
- Have the unique opportunity to help build the Why Labs Research & Development team, you will play a big role in establishing the engineering and data science culture, process, as well as best practices
- Work closely with the CEO to help define the technical roadmap of the platform
- Play a key role in developing open source libraries that establish the standard of data logging/profiling for unstructured data
- Play a critical role in architecting, developing, and scaling the data profiling, monitoring and anomaly detection components of the core product
- Participate in customer development meetings to build a deep understanding of customer needs and requirements
- Participate in the team building process by helping source, interview and mentor new members of the team
- Introduce new technologies and internal tools to help us build features faster
- 4+ years of engineering experience building machine learning based applications and large scale data pipelines
- Experience with OSS Python frameworks (MLFlow, Airflow, Dask, Ray)
- Strong knowledge of Python and experience with C/C++
- Experience building enterprise applications on top of cloud services (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience with ML deployment technologies (SageMaker, MLFlow, Airflow)
- Understands data structures and algorithms at a level sufficient to write performant code when working with large datasets or large incoming data streams.
- Passion for writing clean, concise, well-organized code
- Hands-on experience in Computer Vision, Perception or Computer Graphics projects.
- Experience with unit testing and integration testing for deploying production software
- You worked on machine learning applications or machine learning tools in a commercial setting.
- You have a graduate degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics or a related technical field.
- You led development or actively contributed to a major open source project.
- You have experience working at a startup and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience in Java, Kotlin, Scala, GoLang, or Rust.
WhyLabs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. WhyLabs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
At WhyLabs, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to build the interface between humans and AI applications. As teams across industries adopt AI, WhyLabs enables them to operate with certainty by streamlining model monitoring, preventing costly model failures, and facilitating cross-functional collaboration. Incubated at the Allen Institute for AI, WhyLabs is a privately-held, venture-funded company based in Seattle. The company was founded by Amazon Machine Learning and Cloudflare alums.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. Learn more about WhyLabs at .