11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York Sr. Distinguished Engineer - Machine Learning Platform Capital One...
11 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York Sr. Distinguished Engineer - Machine Learning Platform Capital One is committed to becoming a leader in machine learning, using it to deliver world-class financial services products and experiences to our customers. We are seeking a Sr. Distinguished Engineer to work on our Machine Learning Platform and help lead, build and drive this transformation across our entire company. This individual will be part of our technology organization, and will lead teams building ML platforms and tools that transform the way we make decisions.
Capital One's technology organization leads the financial services industry. We have adopted public cloud (AWS) for our technology infrastructure, and this provides the compute and storage capabilities necessary to power machine learning at a scale and speed that was not previously possible. We are undertaking a massive transformation in our data ecosystem to enable real-time streaming data and modern analytics platforms that can handle the volume and variety of data available at Capital One. We have recruited the best technology talent in financial services. We are increasingly becoming a platform-oriented company with data and machine learning platforms as key drivers for our business.
At Capital One we believe that machine learning represents the biggest opportunity in financial services today, and is a chance to revolutionize the industry. Capital One's commitment to machine learning has sponsorship from the CEO, the Board of Directors, and the executive committee of the company.
At Capital One, diversity, inclusion and belonging are valued at our core. We empower our associates to do great work by creating an inclusive culture - we call this our Culture of Belonging, and it rests at the heart of our Diversity, and Inclusion & Belonging (DIB) efforts. It is of paramount importance that this individual values diverse perspectives, fosters collaboration and encourages innovative ideas - and can create a place where associates of all backgrounds can thrive by bringing their most authentic selves to work.
Our Distinguished Engineers Are:
- Deep technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Visionaries, collaborating on and solving Capital One's toughest issues, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of millions of our customers and associates
- Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
- Evangelists, both internally and externally, helping to elevate the Distinguished Engineering community and establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities
- Leaders who gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executives
- Establish a world-class competency in machine learning platforms and tooling at Capital One by helping to build and lead a team of the brightest minds in machine learning and engineering
- Build the vision and the roadmap, defining what the priorities should be, and creating both near-term and long-term wins from the application of machine learning
- As a naturally curious leader, stay abreast of and determine how to fully leverage existing and emerging machine learning techniques and frameworks to continuously keep us at the forefront
- Create a robust operating model for machine learning applications that provides a clear development path from POC to prototype to full enterprise-class capabilities
- Nurture a healthy collaborative engineering culture, and provide transparency to business and technology leaders on selection and prioritization of machine learning capabilities and their progress
- Partner with the enterprise risk partners to stand up proper governance and oversight of machine learning capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 years of experience developing software systems or platforms
- At least 3 years of experience with Microservices architecture
- At least 2 years of experience with Kubernetes
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- 15+ years of experience architecting and developing software systems or platforms
- 6+ years of experience with Python
- 4+ years of experience with machine learning platforms and core technologies
- 4+ years of experience in Machine Learning
- 4+ years of experience with Kubernetes
- 4+ years of experience with Docker
- 3+ years of experience with Go
- 3+ years of experience developing machine learning algorithms and models using C++ or Python and Scikit-learn, PyTorch, Keras, or Tensorflow
- 3+ years of experience in AWS