About The Role
The Driver Movement and Driver Surge teams, within the broader Marketplace group, ensures all Uber Drivers have clear and re...
About The Role
The Driver Movement and Driver Surge teams, within the broader Marketplace group, ensures all Uber Drivers have clear and relevant information about pricing, earnings, and where to drive based on the demand of the Marketplace -- all in real-time. This ensures reliability when there are more riders as well as giving drivers the most up to date information on where to position themselves to maximize earnings.
On the product side, the team owns multiple real-time positioning and pricing products that are front and center for Drivers in the mobile application. These products are responsible for billions of dollars in trips and generating billings for Uber by ensuring drivers are in the right place at the right time to balance marketplace needs. In terms of technology, the products have global coverage and are used to service every driver on the platform at any minute of the day. The team's portfolio of positioning & pricing products maximizes a rich source of real-time data and ML to build intent, movement and pricing models that are used for each driver session.
Join and grow a diverse team spanning a range of critical skills including distributed systems, real-time modeling and algorithm design, personalization, online models, mobile development, and rapid product development that drivers rely on for earnings!
What You'll Do
- You will design, code, test, and launch new optimization models and ML-based product features at global scale.
- You will build and deliver these cutting edge features through sophisticated experiments, collaborating with Data Science, Design, and Product teams, that help simplify the lives of our diverse customer base.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Math or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering focusing on large-scale systems, prediction and/or optimization problems.
- Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Go, Python, C/C++.
About the Team
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems and end to end scaling of data pipelines and service reliability
- Experience working on large scale machine learning platforms and end to end productionization of models
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration.
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets. - provided by Dice