Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a ...
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer/ Machine Learning Engineer, to work at Fidelity in Durham, NC!
As a Software Engineer/ Machine Learning Engineer, build and maintain large scale ML Infrastructure and ML pipelines. Contribute to building advanced analytics, machine learning platform and tools to enable both prediction and optimization model development. Extend existing ML Platform and frameworks for scaling model training & deployment. Partner closely with various business & engineering teams to drive the integration of our model outputs. This role is a critical element to delivering Fidelity's promise of creating the best customer experiences in financial services.
PI Data Engineering team (part of Personal Investing Technology BU) is focused on delivery data and ML solutions for the organization. As part of this team you will be responsible for building advanced analytics solutions using various cloud technologies and collaborating with Data Scientists to robustly scale up ML Models to large volumes in production.
The Expertise You Have
The Skills You Bring
- Has Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in implementing Big data solutions in data analytics space.
- 1-2 years of experience in developing ML infrastructure and MLOps in the Cloud (AWS preferred).
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala, Python), Unix scripting or related programming languages and exposure to some of Python's ML ecosystem (numpy, panda, sklearn, tensorflow, etc.).
- Experience with building data pipelines in getting the data required to build and evaluate ML models, using tools like Apache Spark or other distributed data processing frameworks.
- Data movement technologies (ETL/ELT), Messaging/Streaming Technologies (AWS SQS, Kinesis/Kafka), Relational and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Elastic search, Graph database), API and in-memory technologies.
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open-source technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins or equivalent), version control (Git), orchestration/DAGs tools (Airflow, Luigi, Kubeflow, or equivalent).
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM).
- Cloud experience (AWS preferred).
The Value You Deliver
- You have good technical design and analysis skills.
- You the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced environment.
- Your experience supporting mission critical applications.
- You are familiar with applied data science methods, feature engineering and machine learning algorithms.
- Your Data wrangling experience with structured and unstructured data.
- Your experience building ML infrastructure, with an eye towards software engineering.
- You have superb communication skills, both through written and verbal channels.
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization.
- Your ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements in Big data and Data Science ecosystem.
- Examples of specific problems you'll help solve - build tools to help detect shifts in data/features used by ML models to help identify issues in advance of deteriorating prediction quality, monitoring the uncertainty of model outputs, automating prediction explanation for model diagnostics. Designing & developing a feature generation & store framework that promotes sharing of data among different ML models, etc.
- Designing, Building and supporting mission critical applications to provide the best customer experience
- Exploring new technology trends and leveraging them to simplify our data and ML ecosystem
- Driving Innovation and implementing solutions with future thinking
- Effectively partner with applied Data Scientists and lay software foundations upon which models can be built
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and productivity
- Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward results-oriented, hardworking individuals with a work environment that cultivates diversity, partnership and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees' individual differences can chip-in to the forward-thinking and strong future of our company.Company Overview
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com . We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at .Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com .
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.