West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia Software and Machine Learning Engineer Are you a high performing technolo...
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia Software and Machine Learning Engineer Are you a high performing technologist passionate about cutting edge software and machine learning developments? Do you enjoy reading and investigating advancements in applied machine learning and solution white papers? Do you leverage both battle-tested algorithms and newer techniques? Are you the go-to mentor and teacher in your organization and community for others who want to learn more about software and machine learning? As a member of Capital One's machine learning community in our Tech College organization, you'll be part of an elite group that's spreading knowledge and understanding about software and machine learning to experienced practitioners, newcomers to the art, and executives who need to make decisions regarding utilization and projects.
Learning is now a continuous, lifelong activity. Since tech skills now have a half-life of about two and half years, how could it be any other way? Recognizing this, Capital one established Tech College in 2017 to revolutionize the learning experience for associates. In particular, Tech College is technologist-driven . Yes, we do have experts in learning and educational design. But, it's the subject matter experts in machine learning, data engineering, cloud, cyber, mobile, software engineering, and agile that set the direction and curate or create the learning content.
As a Software Engineer in the Software and Machine Learning Discipline of Capital One's Tech College, you'll be part of a team responsible for curating,?designing, developing, and delivering highly engaging?learning experiences that?will fuel our growth as a tech company and help our associates develop?cutting-edge skills in software, machine learning and artificial intelligence. We'll also expect you to keep up with the latest and greatest software and machine learning tools and capabilities so that you can lead Capital One's community. You will work alongside highly technical peers, with deep domain expertise (from cyber threat prevention to sophisticated NLP) to deliver game changing learning experiences for our associates. You'll also be expected to work with our university partners in getting creative about Software and ML learning. Tech College is a great spot from which to learn about Capital One's broader software and machine learning community so you can spot your next great opportunity, for whenever you're ready to move back into full-time project delivery.
Tech College is a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top technical talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market. Tech College aims to transform our approach to enabling our associates and leaders with the technical skills they need to be successful in current and future roles.
Who you are:
In this role, you will:
- Experienced. You need to have earned a few bumps and bruises while developing and implementing software and machine learning solutions to business problems.
- Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
- A leader. You challenge conventional thinking and work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo. You're passionate about talent development.
- Technical. You're comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
- Statistically-minded. You've built models, validated them, and back-tested them. You know how to interpret a confusion matrix or a ROC curve. You have experience with a variety of applications such as clustering, classification, regression, sentiment analysis, time series, or deep learning.
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, product managers, and learning specialists to develop and deliver a learning product that people love
- Teach a broad stack of technologies - Python, Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn, AWS, H2O, Spark, and more - for revealing the insights hidden within huge volumes of numeric and textual data
- Teach others how to build & deploy machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
- Curate existing content from various sources like universities, commercial content providers, and publicly available material
- Develop and conduct training through a variety of modes (in person, on-line, self-paced, blended)
- Create hands-on challenges to highlight Capital One data, business problems, and practices
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in software engineering
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree
- 1+ year of experience working with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud)
- 2+ years of experience in Python or Java
- 2+ years of experience in machine learning
- 1+ year of experience in teaching or creating curriculum content