Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collabor...
Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world's largest automakers, we're building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet The Team
The Machine Learning Platform team is responsible for delivering the platform and services needed to train and deploy the various Machine Learning models used at Argo AI. We serve the Machine Learning needs of multiple teams, including on-vehicle Autonomy teams as well as off-vehicle teams. We are hiring Senior Software Engineers who will own the engineering and support of the Machine Learning Training Platform and related tooling. This is a high impact team that will provide the opportunity to learn about, interact with, and add significant value to every team building Machine Learning models at Argo, and support our goal of building safe and efficient self-driving vehicles.
What You'll Do
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Architect, implement, and support our Machine Learning Platform and associated tooling
- Collaborate with internal customers to define and deliver features and tools
- Automate the build, test, deployment, monitoring and support of software deliverables
- Own initiatives from inception to implementation
- Provide training and support to empower users of our platform
- Participate in code and architecture reviews
- Follow and promote Software Engineering and Machine Learning best practices across the organization
- Work with cloud, deployment, and Machine Learning technologies (AWS, GCP, TensorFlow, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Full-stack software development in Python and related frameworks / tools
Nice To Haves
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong team player who can collaborate effectively with others
- Experience building highly scalable, reliable, and maintainable data systems/Machine Learning pipelines
- Experience delivering software and systems that support Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or both
- Experience working as a lead or Senior level Software Engineer
- Strong programming skills in relevant languages (Python, C++, Java, scripting), associated tools & frameworks
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure platforms (such as AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Ability to build new software systems from scratch and implement off the shelf / open source frameworks depending on the need
- Strong presentation and communication skills
What We Offer You
- Working knowledge of large scale data processing tools (e.g. Spark, Beam, Hadoop ecosystem, etc.) and workflow orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow, Kubeflow, Oozie, Conductor, Azkaban, etc.)
- Working proficiency with containers and orchestration frameworks like Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of cross platform build tools (eg. Bazel, Maven, etc.)
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world's leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers' global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.