Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collabor...
Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world's largest automakers, we're building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet The Team
The Machine Learning Tools team provides sensor log data, ground truth labels and accompanying platform and services, for labeling, training, testing and validating machine learning models, as well as any AV algorithms or systems that can benefit from accurate annotations. Our end-to-end services include request, data collection/mining, taxonomy management, automated pipelines, metrics, monitoring, validation and access/query of such data. Endless exciting challenges exist as we develop new, innovative tools and services that incorporate, visualize, manipulate and interact with both human and machine-generated labels. We are hiring Senior Software Engineers adept in designing and developing rich data labeling pipelines and web based data visualization and manipulation tools and supporting services to accelerate our innovation in ML development lifecycles.
What You'll Do
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Leverage server side programming languages such as Java and Python to build our large scale data labeling pipeline
- Automate infrastructure to test, validate, and graduate product releases using Jenkins, Terraform, and Kubernetes
- Implement strong product quality, performance, and security practices
- Design Argo internal partner and customer facing APIs and architectures to deliver labels, enrich labels, submit labeling requests and more generally manage all labeling needs
- Leverage modern web programming languages and frameworks such as TypeScript, React, and optionally D3.js to create rich yet streamlined interactive tools and services
- Work cross functionally with ML team members to investigate and establish novel application approaches to visualize, annotate and manipulate 2D and 3D data coming from multi-modal sensors (such as camera, LiDAR, and radar)
- Participate in the development process from planning, estimation all the way to implementation, optimization, maintenance and support in a test- and monitoring-driven environment practicing CI/CD releases
- Investigate new approaches and technologies that can be leveraged for next generation solutions
What We Offer You
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience in building scalable backend applications mostly in Java
- Experience with backend technologies: PostgreSQL, AWS SQS, Nginx, S3
- Experience in modern front end web application software development
- Experience with React and TypeScript appreciated
- Experience deploying/managing infrastructure in public cloud environments such as AWS or GCP
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Previous experience leading projects
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Belief in rigorous, reliable, high-quality engineering that produces tangible results quickly
- Excited in leading by example applying and evangelizing state of the art development methodologies
- Experience with the challenges of integration, and the need to iterate quickly but with a purposeful plan to build towards larger longer-term goals
- Excellent communication skills are required given our distributed and diverse team
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world's leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers' global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.