Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collabor...
Who We Are
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world's largest automakers, we're building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet The Team
Machine learning, more specifically deep learning algorithms (detection, segmentation, and fusion tasks) are one of the main challenges for self-driving vehicles and a key part of our autonomy stack. Self-driving cars need to perceive objects and actors around the vehicle to make the correct decisions. The implementation must meet rigorous real time constraints and reliably report detections in 2D or 3D spaces. Ultimately, we must not only solve the algorithm challenges but produce safety-quality high performance software. So this position is as much a software challenge as it is a core algorithm challenge.
We are seeking hands on candidates who have a mix of computer vision, machine learning expertise, embedded and real time constraints and low level accelerators (FPGA, GPUs). We are looking for practitioners who will be deep in code, and are technically strong in software and (ideally) strong in applied machine learning algorithms. Candidates need not have worked on self-driving, or robotics applications. Candidates with extremely strong skills in some areas but weaker in others will be considered with a bias towards strong software engineering skills.
What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Core models used for scene understanding that are front and center in the perception pipeline
- Research projects improving not only our current image space but also radar, LiDar space detection algorithms and best methods to fuse together to improve performance
- Turning algorithm exploration that performs best on rigorous and pragmatic A vs B experiments evaluated extensively on data into models/software running on the vehicle
- Working with data collection to select and label relevant data to improve our supervised training
- Working with label tooling team to adjust labeling policies, and approaches to obtain the best label set needed
What We Offer You
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong software engineering skills are required but we are language agnostic
- A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or python is required
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of relevant subsets of detection algorithms
- Strong desire for candidates with hands on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Experienced software engineer or research with a track record of real world applications incorporating machine learning and computer vision
- Realtime applications
- Experience with real world applications of machine learning and computer vision
- Classification, scene understanding, object detection classes of algorithms
- Familiarity with Mxnet, caffe, tensorflow or other similar deep net or machine learning packages
- GPU expertise
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world's leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers' global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.