At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunol...
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We seek an enthusiastic, collaborative biostatistician with strong expertise in clinically oriented predictive modeling to explore clinical and translational research questions across the cellular immunotherapy franchise and deliver high-impact insights that drive CAR T innovation. The successful applicant is expected to play a key role partnering with clinical development and translational research teams to help innovate next generation cellular therapies.
The candidate will closely collaborate with Clinical Development colleagues in Seattle, San Francisco, and New Jersey, and work cross-functionally with global IPS, Research and Early Development (R&ED) Immuno-Oncology and Cellular Therapy Thematic Research Center (IO/CT TRC), Cell Therapy Development and Operations (CTDO), and Global Biometrics and Data Science (GBDS) colleagues. Keen interest and hands-on expertise in the inter-disciplinary application of advanced statistical learning methods to life sciences and clinical datasets are imperative. We are deeply passionate about what we do here at BMS because we know that our work helps deliver truly innovative and life-changing therapies for complex diseases of unmet medical need-if this inspires you as well, we're excited to have you join us!
Working in collaboration with computational, biological, and clinical scientists across the Bristol Myers Squibb IPS, Clinical Development, and IO/CT organizations, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply advanced statistical methods such as joint modeling of longitudinal and time-to-event data, discrete-time series analyses, and multi-label classification to better understand complex patient landscapes in the cellular therapy space
- Identify biomarkers of patient response that enable early estimation of clinical trial outcomes and inform biologic mechanisms of efficacy
- Devise and execute analytical plans that deliver actionable results and bring creativity and innovation to cell therapy data science
- Lead predictive modeling to help inform combination prioritization, clinical trial design, and patient stratification efforts within and across disease indications
- Engage with colleagues and as part of project teams passionate about developing the next generation of cell therapies, lending analytics expertise to biological and technical subject matter experts as required
- Present publication-quality results, strategies, approaches, and conclusions to cross-functional teams across the cell therapy franchise and translate late-stage findings to early-stage programs
- Author conference abstracts, scientific posters, and journal article publications
Background experience & complementary knowledge
- PhD degree in statistics, biostatistics, computational biology, machine learning, or related discipline with an emphasis on applications in a biological or clinical research setting
- Demonstrated ability to derive insights from high-dimensional data using statistical learning approaches using readable, reproducible, and efficient code
- Expertise in R or Python for data manipulation and implementation of statistical models; experience with analyzing clinical (SDTM/ADaM) and biological data sources (protein assays, flow cytometry, RNA-seq); familiarity with contemporary, open-source bioinformatics tools as well as collaborative development using version control systems (e.g., Git)
- Proven problem-solving skills, collaborative nature, and flexibility across multiple research domains
- Ability to work independently and also as a member of a global analytical research team in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to . Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.