Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experien...
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what's known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you'll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won't find anywhere else.
You Will Partner With Data Scientists And Engineers To Apply Machine Learning And Artificial Intelligence To Some Of The Specific Areas We Are Working On
As a Senior/Principal Machine Learning Engineer on the game engine security team, you will harness the creativity of user-generated games and develop machine learning models to build a safe and secure gaming environment for Roblox users, no matter whether the target platform is mobile, desktop, console or VR. If you are an expert software engineer who is passionate and experienced about developing machine learning technologies to focus on complex engineering challenges; such as protecting Roblox from malicious users/attackers, identifying and classifying bad behaviors, thwarting hackers and preventing exploiters; you'll be right at home within our highly skilled and rapidly growing Game Engine team.
- Detection, recognition, tracking and understanding of user behavior to detect malicious activity and stop exploiters
- Server-side behavior detection for bots
- Integration of APIs / services for detecting statistical anomalies in gameplay
- Using deep learning to improve Roblox software anti-tampering resistance
You'll need industry experience working on leveraging machine learning, data regression and rules based models to apply these skills to solve some of the security problems we have on Roblox game engine. You need to be an expert in C++, data structures, algorithms and networking. You should have a lot of interest in designing and building ML based security into the systems and software.Minimum Qualifications
- B.Sc., MS or Ph.d in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning or a related field.
- Extensive experience in deep learning, classifiers, clustering algorithms and anomaly detection
- Hands on experience in machine learning based systems (5+)
- Strong programming skills with professional experience in C++
- Excellent communication skills with a strong analytical approach to problem-solving
- A strong team player, self-motivated and positive attitude
- Confidence working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
Nice To Have
- Develop highly scalable security tools to leverage machine learning and rules based models for exploit and bot detection
- Partner with data scientists and engineers to identify, suggest and collect the requirements and create effective feature roadmaps
- Deliver code in tandem with the Roblox game engine engineering team
- Self-organize and take ownership of the ML security projects throughout its full lifecycle, with opportunities to help build a team that does the same.
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver a secure platform using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Experience in malware analysis, detection and prevention using ML
- Interest in security and/or bot and exploit detection
- Experience in building large scale ML systems at consumer facing company
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar