About the Role
The Eater Discovery team is responsible for serving and personalization of Feed, Search and Menu flows in the Eats app. The ...
About the Role
The Eater Discovery team is responsible for serving and personalization of Feed, Search and Menu flows in the Eats app. The team's mission is to build a reliable, personalized, and leverage-able platform to enable crafted food discovery for consumers everywhere. As the world moves towards high adoption of delivery services, we believe that crafted discovery will be one of the biggest product differentiators in the years to come.
The team owns 3 tier-1 (business critical) services, 30 machine learning models in production, and over 300 data pipelines which ETL and monitor the data used for these models.
Within Eater Discovery, the Eater Relevance team is supporting Eater to find their favorite stores and items, and providing stores a fair opportunity to be discovered.
We focus on feed ranking, personalized recommendation across the App, multi-objective optimization, and targeted user optimization.
What You'll Do
- Building scalable retrieval and ranking systems
- Helping setup the right tech/tools/processes to speed up experimentation velocity
- Working closely with ML-Infra teams (like Search Infra and Michelangelo) to guide the building of next-gen Infra
- Building state-of-the-art relevance models and platform for UberEats
- Machine learning or deep learning working experiences;
- Hands-on experiences e2e productionalizing ML or DL models;
- Production backend service development experiences;
- Infrastructure scalability knowledge or experience;
- Data pipeline experiences: batch offline data and real-time data pipelines.
- 5+ years of proven experience in software engineering
- provided by Dice