Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Data
Data is central to all of our business functions and drive many of our most important decisions at Gemini. As a result, the analysts, scientists, and engineers that make up the Data team are uniquely positioned to advise and influence cross-functional projects. These projects cover a wide-range of topics including product strategy, user acquisition and journey, cryptocurrency performance and project development, and crypto's position as a technology, industry, and asset class within the context of the global financial markets at large.
The Role: Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Python)
We are growing the Data Science team and AI stack at Gemini. We are looking for senior data scientists and machine learning engineers who are interested in solving diverse and complex business problems. You will leverage your experience and communication skills to work across business teams to build and develop innovative machine learning models and algorithms.
- Be able to distill complex models and analysis into compelling insights for our stakeholders and executives
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Develop new tools and solutions to enable stakeholders to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Stay up-to-date with data science tools and methodologies in technology and financial domain
- Knowledge of probability and statistics, including experimental design, predictive modeling, optimization, and causal inference. Experience in design and deployment of real-world, large-scale, user-facing systems
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
It Pays to Work Here
- Masters or PhD(preferred) in Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or related fields
- 4+ years of work experience in analytics and data science domain focusing on business problems
- 3+ years of experience deploying statistical and machine learning models in production
- 2+ years of experience in integrating data science models into applications
- Skilled in programming languages like Python, Java/C++/C# and SQL
- Sound knowledge in dealing with large data sets for analytical approach and quantitative methods
- Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals, and familiar with standard algorithms and techniques
- Good understanding of deep learning algorithms and workflows
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of data: structured and unstructured, observational and experimental, to drive system designs and product implementations
- Good understanding of cloud computing and infrastructure concepts
- Experience with one or more big data tools and technologies like Snowflake, Databricks, S3, Hadoop, Spark
- Experience working with NLP applications is a plus
- Experience in financial domain is a plus
- Strong technical and business communication
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development