Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, NLP who can help us build intelligent data products such as S...
Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, NLP who can help us build intelligent data products such as Semantic Knowledge Graph, Document Classification and Entity Tagging, and ML-powered Search and Recommender Engines.
You will be a part of the ML and Data Product Engineering team and will collaborate cross-functionally to build and ship intelligent products that are used by millions of Students and Educators. Data Products powered by ML are critical to Course Hero's success, powering many aspects of our marketplace and supporting student-facing use-cases. The key charter for the Data Products team is to build the Semantic Knowledge Graph in order to help personalize bespoke learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content.
As a senior engineer, you will be expected to take the lead on multiple projects and be involved in every step of the process. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs. You can view these videos to learn more about our engineering culture, and our company mission.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact!
Are you our next Senior Machine Learning Engineer?
- Be a self-motivated, bold thinker, innovator and builder of scalable AI/ML systems end-to-end and embrace full-stack data science
- Design and develop machine learning and natural language processing algorithms to understand our large document (>30M) and Q&A (>10M) corpus, enrich it with semantic tags, and represent as a large knowledge graph
- Work alongside experienced engineering, design, and product teams with proven entrepreneurial success, to find the right solution to a problem and ship intelligent products
- Help engineers from other teams to understand and learn about machine learning and help Course Hero be a data driven company
- 5+ years of Machine Learning experience, preferably with a focus on natural language processing, question-answering, semantic search, and recommender systems
- Experience using ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, SpaCY, or Scikit-Learn
- Solid programming skills in Python, Go, or Java
- Experience working with distributed data processing systems like Spark/Hadoop
- Masters or PhD in machine learning, computer science, or computational linguistics
- Deep understanding of algorithms and evaluation methods used in production-grade text understanding, question-answering, and relational learning systems.
- Knowledge of search technologies like Solr, Elasticsearch
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Passionate about education
This role is full-time based in Redwood City, California.Benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more!)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym - Pacific Shores Center - Classes - Pool - Spa - Rock Wall - Massages!
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- 10K Local Move Program to move within 10 miles of our office
- 16 weeks of paid leave for maternity or paternity
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures - check out videos on our LinkedIn Career Page
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.About Us
Course Hero is on a mission to help students graduate confident and prepared. The online learning platform offers over 60 million course-specific study resources created by and for students and educators, as well as 24/7 tutor help. More than 65,000 verified college educators use Course Hero to collaborate with other faculty and share resources to hone new strategies for instruction. Everyday, students, educators and tutors help more than 20 million students make every study hour count.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we're onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies
, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology
. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog,
and learn more about us
to see what it is like to work with our team.
Join us on our mission!