The Artificial Intelligence, Sr. Machine Learning (AI / ML) Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting Artificial Intelligence, Ma...
The Artificial Intelligence, Sr. Machine Learning (AI / ML) Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science solutions for Change Healthcare, reporting to an AI Engineering Lead under the Office of the Chief Data Officer. We're looking for engineers with a passion for Artificial Intelligence to help drive a new generation of data and machine learning-enabled services and products to impact healthcare.
You will enjoy working with a highly talented and diverse team of data scientists and engineers specializing in deep learning, active learning, and classical machine learning on one of the richest data sets in US healthcare. You'll be equipped with nearly limitless cloud compute resources and be expected to deliver business impact through implementation of a large pipeline of AI models.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Python, have experience working with large data sets, and have experience in building and deploying data-driven solutions. You are focused on results, a self-starter, able to put the team-first, and have demonstrated success in using data science to develop and deploy solutions with a focus on impact.
In this role, you will enjoy working with a highly talented and diverse team of data scientists and engineers specializing in deep learning, active learning, and classical machine learning with one of the richest data sets in US healthcare, nearly limitless cloud compute resources including Spark clusters and GPUs, and the ability to support a large pipeline of AI models directly into business impact.
The ideal candidate will have a background in python, have experience working with large data sets, and have experience in building Machine Learning Platforms, applied Machine Learning and deploying data-driven solutions. You are focused on results, a self-starter, able to put the team-first, and have demonstrated success in using data science to develop and deploy solutions with a focus on impact.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Experience rapidly deploying AI solutions to production on a DevOps-focused team
- Experience in building ML models and Data Pipelines at scale
- MS in Computer Science with 5 years experience or Phd with 2 years experience
- Fluency in Python. Python3 experience preferred
- Spark or Pyspark experience preferred
- Proficiency using Kubeflow, Airflow or other workflows and Docker containerization
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Preferred experience with tools such as SparkML/Kubernetes, some TensorFlow experience
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Spark)
- Experience in AWS or GCP using tools such as EMR, S3, EC2, Deep Learning AMI's, SageMaker
- Above average capabilities with cloud computing techniques or tools such as S3, EC2, EMR, SageMaker, ECS, Docker, Gitlab CI, Python packaging, command-line executions and shell scripting
- Knowledge of common data structures and ability to write efficient code in Python
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to describe the logic and implications of a complex model to all types of partners (product managers, engineers, designers, senior executives)
- Deep expertise in two or more areas: conversational interfaces, NLP, machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), deep learning, enterprise search/question answering, speech-to-text, data analytics.
- Proven knowledge of ChatBot and hands-on experience utilizing frameworks like AWS Lex, Cortana, API.ai, wit.ai, or equivalent
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system! Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law
at and the supplemental information at .
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare's Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information .
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.