Avail Medystems is a medical technology company founded in Palo Alto, CA in 2017 to power clinical connectivity and accelerate the advanceme...
Avail Medystems is a medical technology company founded in Palo Alto, CA in 2017 to power clinical connectivity and accelerate the advancement of healthcare. Through technology, Avail removes the barriers and inefficiencies of in-person medical collaboration such as travel and costs. Avail is considered the pioneer of "Procedural Telemedicine" with an advanced self-contained hardware/software technology platform that enables remote physicians and medical device industry representatives to instantly join a procedure from an easy-to-use app on their iPad or laptop and communicate two-way with operating physicians. The need for remote clinical connectivity has grown significantly with COVID-19, accentuating the need for more efficient healthcare interactions in the long-term. As a result, Avail is a fast-paced and groundbreaking technology company experiencing rapid growth.
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will design and develop our next generation media platform, which will have cutting-edge technologies like computer vision, AI/ML, video & audio processing, coding/encoding/decoding/compression, media players, conferencing system, scaling, recording, screen casting, streaming, conferencing, cloud, micro services, parallel computing and GPU. This position reports to Director of Media & AI and is located at our headquarters in Santa Clara, CA. Remote employment is not an option.
- Develop algorithms and find solutions to complex problems
- Requirement Capture, Analysis, Design and Development
- Work in Agile development environment
- Take full ownership of projects from conception to production
- Collaborating with engineers across functional teams.
- Follow coding standard, maintain code quality, write automated testing and execute engineering best practices
Desired Skills, Not required:
- Expert level coding skills with C/C++/C+.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Expert knowledge of machine learning / deep learning algorithms: classification, clustering, regression, reinforcement learning, feature extraction, object detection, face detection, document processing, text detection, Bayesian modeling, algorithm design and theory of computation.
- Excellent working knowledge of TensorFlow, Keras , PyTorch.
- Designing and implementing algorithms to solve critical problems related to media/data and improve processing, memory, systems, platform resources and scale.
- Background in audio and digital signal processing.
- Familiarity with microservices, cloud, Kubernetes and API.
- Have a good understanding of concepts like concurrency, parallelism, event driven architecture.
- Experience in designing and developing large scale distributed systems.
- Experience integrating 3rd party SDK's and media solutions.
- Experience working on Android/Linux platform, GPU and board bring up is a plus.
- PhD/MS/BS in Computer Science or a related degree.
Work Location: Santa Clara, Ca
- Experience with media platforms, WebRTC, cloud computing platforms, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine or similar.
- Experience with technologies like Splunk, ELK stack.
- Prior experience with Scrum, Agile Methodology.
- Exposure to healthcare/clinical applications, understanding of HIPAA mandates is an added plus.
Avail Medsystems provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note that Avail Medsystems requires that all employees who physically enter the workplace or visit customer or vendor sites be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Reasonable accommodation will be considered for legal exemptions.