Alion is currently seeking a Senior Machine Learning Development Engineer. The ideal candidate believes in exploring alternatives and quickl...
Alion is currently seeking a Senior Machine Learning Development Engineer. The ideal candidate believes in exploring alternatives and quickly prototyping to validate hypothetical architectures or solutions.
In this position, you will:
- Significantly contribute to the development of custom machine learning (ML) algorithms, from concept through production deployment.
- Develop, test, and deploy core analytical features for applications to include radio frequency (RF) ML, natural language processing (NLP), and computer vision (CV) .
- Support and lead research and development efforts to learn, adapt and incorporate new ML techniques into current and future technologies across the company.
- Apply experience working within an Agile software development life cycle, including sprint planning, sprints, sprint review, etc.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or similar.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Experience with implementation, verification, and optimization of ML algorithms for RF systems.
- Experience with cross functional teams interacting between hardware, software, operational and performance requirements of the overall system.
- Proficient in Python, C/C++, and machine learning tools (Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to analyze complex data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- MS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, of similar.
- Experience with model training, testing, and validation in the areas of natural language processing, signal processing, object recognition, object tracking, or reinforcement learning.
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure is highly desired.
- Proficiency with Docker is highly desired.
- Experience developing across the full software development stack is highly desired.
- Experience working with a variety of data stores and associated languages and APIs. (e.g. SQL, Elasticsearch API, etc.)
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.)
Security Clearance: None