Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canad...
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
What You'll Do
- Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What's Great About The Role
- As a Machine Learning Engineer, you'll be a member of a team of Machine Learning Engineers and Data Engineers working closely with Data Scientists
- You'll be working on the machine learning infrastructure and recommendation systems to help data scientists develop and run models which will be used to improve user experience through better personalization
- You'll build scalable platforms for machine learning, prediction serving, and personalized recommendation serving
Minimum Basic Requirement
- The machine learning platform provides tools and services for building feature transformations, distributed deep learning models, model lifecycle management, counterfactual simulation and budget optimization for continuously improving user engagement and revenue generation
- The machine learning platform provides capabilities for feature engineering, monitoring feature quality and serving features at scale for the models
- You will be using a variety of technologies such as Apache Beam, Apache Spark, Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn, TF-Serving and Apache Airflow on large amounts of data
- Technologies for production serving and personalization also include Scala, GCP, BigTable, BigQuery, GRPC, Thrift, GKE, Splunk and Grafana
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field & 5 years of experience involving: application of cloud technologies, infrastructure, and application of distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of personalization and recommendations systems
- Building and operating machine learning platform
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Modern data technologies include technologies such as in-memory, distributed and serverless processing (e.g. spark/dataflow/cloud-functions), key/value vs. document vs. column oriented datastores (e.g. bigquery, bigtable, cloud-search), message queues (kafka/pub-sub), elastic scaling (kubernetes, instance-groups), etc
- Modern machine learning and optimization technologies include familiarity with toolkits like sklearn, scipy, tensorflow and pytorch
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We've worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.COVID-19 update:
Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)