We are honored to be recognized as a multi- award winning organization. Talroo has been consistently recognized as a Top Workpl...
We are honored to be recognized as a multi- award winning organization. Talroo has been consistently recognized as a Top Workplace and a Best Place to Work in Austin. We've been ranked the last five years by Inc. 500/5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. You'll also find us on the Austin Business Journal's Fast 50 growth awards list multiple times. We're growing the right way, and we need exceptional talent to help us build upon our successful story.
Talroo is a talent attraction platform - our technology helps companies find the talent they need for their workforces. We power over 1 billion job searches every month, and Talroo's data-driven search-and-match functionality enables organizations to reach the best audiences to deliver hires. And while we focus on providing amazing results and service for our customers, within our exciting company you'll also find a high-performance environment of collaboration, encouragement, transparency, and fun.
About the Position
This Senior Machine Learning Engineer position is a high-impact role at Talroo . We are looking for an experienced machine learning practitioner with high - standards to help scale and expand high - value business initiatives .
You will be joining a top-tier team that understands the real-world business opportunity that machine learning enables and how it can transform businesses. At Talroo , we iterate with A/B testing to fail fast and learn quickly. The result is real, measurable revenue and profit impact.
The ideal candidate will have a p assion for technology with a clear, solid background in computer science . If you have a proven ability to learn, explore, and quickly turn the latest technologies into value, then you are the perfect candidate.
Our t eam of experienced engineers has deep industry experience in search/informatio n retri eval. The team is highly collaborative while also being self-sufficient enough to turn any idea into a business win . A s a high impact teammate, you will help with everything from data ETLs to modeling to model serving to te st reporting. This unique opportunity will expose you to deep insights into the t echnology and the business. On a day - to - day basis, expect roughly 20% of your time to be on the serving/inference layer, 20% data science modeling, and the rest will be around data cleaning, ETL, and analytics.
The team is working to improve many facets of the job recommendation process. This involves gathering data from billions of monthly job queries to create, test, and iterate on machine learning models. When successful, we help job seekers find their perfect job faster and employers receive a higher quality of candidate.
What we are looking for in a highly qualified candidate:
- Big Data processing - Apache Spark is the key to our data pipelines that create our insights. U nderstanding SQL is a must in this environment . For maximum performance, we utilize Scala.
- Search technologies - our Lucene/ Solr inverse index powers billions of our queries every month.
- High-performance web services - our microservices scale with Java technologies while providing sub- millisecond response times .
- Machine learning - our latest wins have come from ML technologies like gradient boosted trees ( XGBoost , MML Spark) and deep learning (TensorFlow, Keras ) . Python is the preferred language here.
- Most importantly, the highly qualified candidate has the initiative and ability to quickly learn and apply the above .
- Bachelor ' s or higher degree in Computer Science from a top university.
- Three (3) to seven (7) years of computer programming work experience with proven, high-value results .
- One (1) years of data science, machine learning , or data engineering work experience.
- Must be able to pass Codility coding test
Talroo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Highly competitive salary
- Company-paid gym membership
- Comprehensive, company-paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution
- Paid company holidays & Unlimited PTO
- Awesome company events
- provided by Dice