Aktify, Inc. was founded in 2017 and has offices in Menlo Park, CA, Lehi, UT and Seattle, WA with additional offices opening soon. **Remote ...
Aktify, Inc. was founded in 2017 and has offices in Menlo Park, CA, Lehi, UT and Seattle, WA with additional offices opening soon. **Remote applicants are welcome. You MUST be residing and working in the United States and willing to travel once per quarter to our offices in Lehi, UT.**
At Aktify, we are mastering productive conversations at scale between brands and consumers to drive improved sales, marketing, and service results through collective intelligence. We're looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you're a high performer who's an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer role is focused on building out and scaling up our AI platform based on reactive engineering principles. You will be working with our Data Scientists to wrap our state of the art deep learning models in robust, reactive services on our event driven lambda architecture. You will leverage DevOps and MLOps to avoid repetitive or error prone tasks, and you will contribute in a significant way to system architecture decisions.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have Most Of These
- Work alongside data scientists, AI product managers, and engineers solving some of the world's most difficult AI challenges.
- Create fault tolerant, reliable, reactive, and independent microservices connected by REST APIs, Kafka, gRPC, on Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Leverage state of the art deep learning adapters to keep our AI system architecture maintainable, cost effective, efficient, scalable and responsive.
- Contribute your vision and ideas to improve our conventions, processes, software and customer experience.
- Automate CI/CD and other routine processes such as unit and E2E testing.
- Contribute to clearly defined requirements and research solutions.
- Be a self starter who can take initiative and blaze your own trail when required.
Optional (bonus Points)
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or commensurate work experience.
- 4 years experience building and deploying production level machine learning / AI systems.
- Experience scaling software systems with millions of users.
- Experience with Kubernetes microservices and Docker.
- Experienced in the design and implementation of REST APIs and Kafka.
- Experienced in SQL schema design and writing complex SQL queries.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experienced with Agile methodology.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) models.
- Experience with fine tuning pre-trained models.
- Experience optimizing state of the art deep learning models.
- Experience with Google Cloud or another major provider (AWS, Azure).
- Experience with Python and FastAPI, Flask, SQLAlchemy, and Graphene.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline automation.
- Experience with Redis or similar high performance caches.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Redis and KVS (e.g. Cassandra, Cloud Datastore).
- Experience with MLOps, DevOps, Ansible, Terraform, and shell scripting.
- Experience with FaaS.
- Be part of a well-funded startup with a remarkable culture
- Collaborate with other brilliant people to create visionary solutions
- Competitive salary and stock option grants
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with FSA and HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance policy
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) and/or Roth participation
- Hybrid in-office, work-from-home options
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring a talented and diverse team with many perspectives, and backgrounds. Decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, national origin, gender, color, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or disability status.