Job # 563536
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, tr...
Job # 563536
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What You'll Be Doing...
As a Senior Architect for the Verizon Enterprise Data Science Experimentation Platform, you will be defining and driving end-to-end solutioning and operationalization of the platform. This platform will enable the culture of experimentation to drive AI based decisions at scale. You will establish synergies across the Enterprise and come up with a platform strategy that suits the needs of all data scientist communities across multiple business units.
At Verizon, we are on a multi-year journey to industrialize our data science and AI capabilities. Very simply, this means that AI will fuel all decisions and business processes across the company. At 130B+ dollars in annual revenue, this is a pioneering opportunity to design and shape AI at scale in the Telco industry. With our leadership in bringing 5G network nationwide, the opportunity for AI will only grow exponentially in going from enabling billions of predictions to possibly trillions of predictions that are automated and real-time.
You'll Need To Have
- Bring in best in class Industry technology expertise.
- Define the blueprint of the Experimentation platform enabling experimentation during hypothesis validation, A/B/n testing, MAB, etc and come up with detailed design implementing various state of the art technologies.
- Stakeholder with various Data Scientist Communities across various business units and Enterprise Architects to define an overall plan for the Platform.
- Design a platform to democratize the process of building AI solutions (like Kaggle) through crowdsourcing within Verizon.
- Define solutions to consistently and efficiently measure Model efficacy across the Enterprise.
- Be part of industry wide community, stay on top of latest and greatest technologies to ensure an outside in perspective is brought in.
- Automate the process of orchestrating various A/b/n, MAB tests using Screwdriver or similar.
- Design Enterprise class data platforms, come up with technology strategy and define the best practices in architecture to operate at the scale of the enterprise for Experimentation Platform.
- Prescribe methodology and solution blueprint for various modules of the Experimentation Platform
- Build prototypes and proof of concepts to prove out new technologies and products that will be adopted into the overall AI&D platform ecosystem.
- Integrate with simulation platforms and synthetic data generators.
- Guide Technical Architects and Engineers in Implementation to industry standards and best practices
- Communicate the Strategy to executives, business partners and stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership to come up with cutting edge solutions to maintain Verizon's leadership edge in the marketplace.
What we're looking for...
- Bachelor's degree and four or more years of relevant experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience designing and developing enterprise class AI Platforms and solutions.
- Experience implementing and automating MAB, A/B testing and Model performance measurement.
- Experience with data science experimentation techniques and tools like ML Flow, Domino Data Labs, Seldon Core, etc.
- Experience implementing Machine Learning and Data Operations.
- Experience with cloud solutions (AWS or GCP).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering or other related field.
- Experience in Big Data Technologies, Data Transport (Pulsar/Kafka), Spark, Jupyter/ Python.
- Experience with various database technologies like NoSQL, RDBMS, Graph DBs (like Druid, Neo4J), Presto, Hive LLap, Impala.
- Experience working with BI tools like Looker, Qlik, etc.
- Experience in large containerized environments utilizing Kubernetes, APIGEE and strong understanding of cloud solutions and AWS.
- Exposure to product based development methodology.
- Strong leadership, communication, persuasion and teamwork skills.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion
page to learn more.
Job Family: TEC
Business Unit: STDBU