Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Stanley X is Stanley Black & Decker s newly created Innovation business dedicated to launching and growing exponentially scalable businesses to address customers needs within our strategic markets. We are building a capability within Stanley Black & Decker to identify and seize on new sources of growth. We are a group of innovation & business-building professionals located in Silicon Valley and Atlanta, GA.
Stanley X is building a Construction Technology platform to bring new digital services, workflow tools, and data transparency to the construction industry. We are looking for a bright Sr. Full stack Engineer to define and own the foundation of the platform and design the architecture to scale it globally.
Today s world of construction accounts for over 10% of the world s GDP, and it s no secret that worker productivity and building complexity are the biggest challenges. As a result, the industry is at an inflection point for disruption. Last year alone, nearly $2B in venture capital was invested across 2,000+ companies in construction technology. Stanley Black & Decker is partnering with contractors and startups to develop new digital products that will increase productivity and on-time/on-budget performance of construction projects.
As part of the product s founding technical team, you will play an integral role in helping the company shape the future of the construction industry. About You
You are a full stack engineer with experience working in agile, lean, high performing teams mandated to deliver digital services or SaaS platforms. Ideally, you ve built modern-day service-oriented platforms, scalable backends in cloud and/or on-premise environments, and have experience in Machine Learning. You have been part of a journey of a highly ambiguous start up environment from ground zero to a production deployed platform. As an ideal candidate you
Your Professional Experience
- Are a Quick learner, self-initiator, doer, and results-oriented
- Thrive in an environment of honesty, responsibility, and accountability
- Feel passionate about the quality and on-time delivery of your deliverables
- Understand the importance of prioritization & positive criticism
- Know how to quickly show results while keeping an eye on the bigger vision
As a founding key technical team member for the SaaS/DaaS platform, you have hands-on experience in developing a Data pipeline with resilient, high response backend services for the SaaS platform. As a diverse engineer, you feel comfortable & have experience in developing different types of Eco-Systems such as SaaS, DaaS, and Machine learning in some capacity. As an ideal candidate, you would have the following key qualifications
Nice to have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 years of development experience in developing SaaS/DaaS platforms; You also have developed & deployed ML models for Enterprise-grade applications
- Development experience with OO (and/or functional) programming languages and OOP
- In-depth understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and Distributed systems
- Experience in ML, Data democratization/exposing using different methodologies e.g. APIs, Databases, BI Tools, etc.
- Experience in Real-time, batch data processing, BI tools, heterogeneous data processing, enrichment, and aggregation is expected
- Strong experience in developing Service based backend platforms using Relational Databases, No-SQL, and microservices in a cloud-hosted environment
- Good understanding of System design patterns and experience navigating tradeoffs b/w cost, scale, speed, and agility
- Experience in using version control tools and modern reactive web frameworks
- Experience in task estimation and owning end to end deliverables
- Excellent team player, strong communicator, analytical and critical thinker
Things you will do
- Experience in Deep Learning and Computer Vision models is a big plus
- Experience in developing microservices in cloud/in house settings
We are a small and nimble team, so you ll likely get to experience and participate in many projects in various technical capacities. However, you should broadly expect the following set of responsibilities:
Why work with usSolve massive problems for customers
- Actively contribute towards the development of our Construction & Digital Manufacturing Technology platform & ML models to help it scale globally; Help revolutionize multiple industries leveraging cutting edge technological advancements
- Develop Data pipelines, Deep Learning models for Digital Manufacturing Technology platform
- Develop consumer agnostic, fault-tolerant, scalable, highly available service-oriented backend(s)
- Actively contribute in evaluation and adoption of appropriate technology, frameworks
- Write unit tests to ensure the quality of your deliverables
- Keep your team unblocked by wearing multiple hats, be it quick help in setting up a raw CI/CD pipeline or a helping hand in BI tool visualization, you are a go get it person
- Participate in technical design discussions and efforts estimation
- Establish a deep technical understanding of our technology partners and customers
- Ensure the success of your pod by contributing to the team s deliverables in a quality and timely manner
- Develop Data processing platform to process heterogeneous data streams, at scale with state of art technologies
We approach problems with a lean startup methodology, focused on in-depth user research and addressing the most critical problems first. We are a technology and innovation team that leads with the voice of customers, value-based pricing, and strong secondary research and competitive analysis.Visibility to senior leadership
Our team reports directly to the CEO and operate autonomously within the company. In this role, you will work closely with Product, Engineering & Innovation Strategy teams. Work with great companies
We work with some of the most innovative companies in construction technology, additive manufacturing, and supply chain. Our partners range from Y Combinator startups to multi-billion-dollar unicorns. You ll have unparalleled access to their technologies and the freedom to explore new and innovative ways of solving customer problems. Other PerksCompensation
Competitive compensation package (base, bonus, 401K contributions) compared to F500 companies in the Bay AreaLocation
Modern office space located in downtown Sunnyvale, directly across from the CalTrain. Complete with amenities including a full-access gym, stocked kitchen, and table games.Pick your own equipment
Select between the top of the line PC or Mac products plus any software you need.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.