UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Enterprise Analytics (OEA) is looking for a customer focused Principal Machine Learning Product Manager (PM) to define and execute a multi-year strategy. This role is for a highly visible technical leader, who will own a portfolio of customer features and underlaying data services
We are looking for creative and experienced PM (technical) to help us solve some challenging problems in the AI-Healthcare domain. You will help us build out the most critical aspects of our cloud infrastructure that fuels the growth and adoption of Machine Learning solutions. If you are excited to work with a broad spectrum of products - such as container management, capacity management, observability, fairness, service and configuration management and CI/CD - Optum is the place to be.
We are looking for an experienced leader who can understand many types of user's requirements and define a product strategy to create a cohesive whole from a complex set of products. This PM will be bridging the gap between product, engineering, design, program management, and data science, and functioning with deep expertise in between these worlds.
The leader will be expected to define a strategy in a highly complex space, clearly communicate goals, roles & responsibilities and make appropriate tradeoffs between business priorities and technical constraints. Working cross-functionally, you will work closely with dedicated tech, science, and analytics teams to lunch new features and operate existing systems.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products and services
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Contribute to overall design patterns and architecture to execute and deliver machine learning products
- Coordinate and scale cross-functional efforts across UHG
- Integrate usability studies into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Provide creative solutions for a constantly evolving environment
- Drive the strategy for a portfolio of products and services to create a cohesive strategy
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of experience building, delivering, and supporting cloud platform services or tools
- Technical experience with analytical tools, methodologies, and design
- Experience deploying production-ready Machine Learning systems
- Experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning product deployment
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks and Distributed training
- Experience working with senior leaders to drive business decisions
- Experience with Unit test, Integration test and CI / CD / DevOps principles
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or similar degree
- Experience developing cloud infrastructure and management solutions
- Experience with public cloud computing, Microsoft Azure
- Experience building and maintaining cloud versioning, storage, and management
- Experience using the Agile / Scrum methodology
- Experience in the health care industry
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal Machine Learning, Product Manager, Software Development, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Frameworks, Product Management, Product Strategy, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota