Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known...
Velodyne Lidar provides smart, powerful lidar solutions for autonomy and driver assistance. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Velodyne is known worldwide for its portfolio of breakthrough lidar sensor technologies. Our lidar technology has revolutionized perception and autonomy for automotive, new mobility, mapping, robotics, and security applications.
Velodyne Lidar is seeking a Principal Computer Vision ML engineer for Velodyne Software. The candidate in this role will be responsible for building & deploying highly optimized and efficient Deep-Learning based Lidar perception models on edge devices. This role will require in-depth knowledge of different machine learning frameworks and hands-on experience in training large scale machine learning models. Furthermore, you will be challenged to develop new paradigms for training, optimizing and deployment of Deep Leaning models for 4-d data.
Specific Job Requirements
- Design, train and deploy Deep-Learning models for Velodyne's latest Lidar sensor to enable different perception tasks.
- Formulate requirements and QA criteria for training data leveraging available datasets, simulations, data-augmentation and manually labeled data.
- Lead the effort to streamline the backend pipeline for development, data preparation, hyper-parameter training, and deployment for production.
- Investigate, optimize and architect the system requirements for different edge compute devices.
- Mentor and collaborate with engineers across the organization
Preferred Education And Experience Requirements
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or equivalent engineering field with a focus on machine learning, robotics, computer vision and similar fields, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in industry in the area of computer vision machine learning preferably working with camera, lidar and radar data.
- Fluency in machine learning libraries and frameworks such as PyTorch and Tensorflow and familiarity with ML-Ops frameworks such as MLFlow.
- Hands-on experience in training large models using distributed computed, GPGPU programming and experience with different edge devices.
- Passionate about solving hard problems in Artificial Intelligence for robotics and autonomous navigation.
- Solid programming experience in Python, C++ and bash on Linux OS families
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Note to all recruitment agencies: Velodyne Lidar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or any Velodyne employees. Velodyne is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes.