At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the po...
At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients.
Together, let s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures state-of-the-art robot-assisted systems for use in minimally-invasive surgery. Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute broadly to the Advanced Product Development team, responsible for machine learning, advanced analytics, and new technology development focused on surgical workflow and performance for next generation robotic surgery platforms.
The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, be able to initiate and drive new research and development directions. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required.
As part of the Advanced Product Development team, immediate responsibilities include:
* Exploration and development of machine learning algorithms for spatiotemporal analysis, including multiclass classification, clustering, temporal segmentation, sequence labeling, and spatial segmentation.
* Development of new technologies and digital products to improve surgeon and team performance on robotic surgery platforms.
* Support clinical and academic collaborations in related fields.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Contributing to multiple areas of research, including but not limited to the following:
* Designing and applying machine learning algorithms to novel, surgical applications
* Characterizing surgeon and team behavior and workflow to optimize new technologies
* Fully integrating machine learning into core digital products and intelligent systems
* Conducting user studies to evaluate digital product concepts
* Establishing strong academic collaborations across research disciplines
* Presenting research at international conferences and publishing research in top academic journals
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience).
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
* Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or Neuroscience, or Master's degree with minimum (5) years industry experience developing machine learning applications
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Interested in early research and development through to product roll-out
* Solid understanding of statistics, machine learning, and deep learning algorithms and techniques is required
* Experience with sequence modeling, image analysis, activity recognition, and/or temporal segmentation on real-world data is required
* Experience with Python is required
* Hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Theano, Caffe, and/or Torch is required
* Hands-on experience with CNNs, RNNs, and LSTMs is ideal
* Experience with R, SQL is ideal
* Experience with C/C++ is ideal
* Experience with clinical studies is a plus
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%)
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
* Shift : * Shift 1 - Day
* Travel : * Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day
Associated topics: algorithm, back end, c c++, perl, programming, python, sdet, software developer, software engineer, sw