January AI: Eat Different
Founded by veteran business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and Director of Genomics and Personalized Medicine at St...
January AI: Eat Different
Founded by veteran business executive, Noosheen Hashemi, and Director of Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford University, Dr. Michael Snyder, January AI is the first precision health company that combines heart rate and continuous glucose monitors, sleep and activity tracking, and seamless meal logging to give you a complete picture of your metabolic well-being and nudge you towards better habits in just 30 days-from predicting which foods you should eat and avoid, to when a brisk walk or overnight fast can bring your blood sugar back into a healthy range.
Check out our recent coverage in STAT , TechCrunch , New York Times , Wall Street Journal , and VentureBeat .
At January AI, we believe that every day is January 1st, that every day is a fresh start. We believe that health isn't a place you reach, but the simple process of doing just a little better than yesterday. We believe that self-improvement is a team sport. That's why January AI is creating a community of everyday people building their healthy habits, together. January AI is backed, among others, by Marc Benioff, Jerry Yang and Steve Chen, founders of Salesforce, Yahoo! and YouTube. If you're ready to join our team and help grow this community, please submit your application following the link provided.
We are looking for a machine learning scientist to support the research and development team in the operation of microbiome analyses and bacterial genomics workflows, conduct benchmarking studies to evaluate these models, and design, test, and implement a recommendation system for personalized interventions. The candidate will utilize a broad range of biologic and phenotypical information for the development of said personalized interventions. We are looking for an individual who is independent, curious, self-motivated, scientifically rigorous.
The job title and level will correspond to the experience and skills of the selected candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with bioinformaticians, biologists, and microbiologist, the role will champion the development of a recommendation system for personalized interventions based on biological information.
- Train and validate machine learning models.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of biology and business leaders to interpret incoming data from real-time studies.
- Develop and apply algorithms for taxonomic clustering and classification in complex microbial community
- 5+ years of working experience in machine learning, bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field, ideally in an industrial setting
- Deep experience in a scripting language, such as Python, or R, and familiarity with state-of-the-art machine learning platforms.
- Working experience in production-quality development of machine learning pipelines.
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure, shell scripting and data analyses
- Familiarity with -omics platforms across microbiome and human clinical samples (eg. peptidomics, metabolomics, lipidomics, host genetics, etc.)
- Highly organized, detailed and motivated individual
- Must be a team player, able to work well in a group setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
January is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We'd love to hear from you - Apply below!
Our HQ office is located in sunny and beautiful downtown Menlo Park, CA, walking distance to Caltrain and local cafes and restaurants.
Local or West coast-based candidates preferred.
Benefits and Perks of working Full-time at January include: Competitive salary and equity packages; 401k with corporate matching; Health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance; Commuter benefits.
We do not accept third-party solicitation for employment.