Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experien...
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what's known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you'll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won't find anywhere else.
As a Machine Learning Platform Engineer you will build the next generation of ML Ecosystem Tooling. You will have a direct impact to the state of the Roblox platform, and the industry, to the next level of managed E2E ML Pipeline Development and Automation-providing our developers and creators alike the ability to go from an ML idea to production in weeks or less. We are looking for talented ML and Systems Engineers to help build the next generation of ML Ecosystem Tooling.
- Passionate about pushing the technological envelope and venturing into the unknown.
- Possessing a toolchest of system design experience upon which to draw to build scalable, reliable platforms for all of Roblox.
- 3+ years of professional experience working with scalable, distributed systems.
- Well versed with the Model Development Lifecycle from initial ad hoc analysis in notebooks to monitored services in production and back again.
- Proficient with DevOps tooling such as Docker, K8S, CI/CD systems.
- Strong understanding of best practices in developing Platform / Infrastructure APIs.
- Someone who has built a model in a modern ML framework such as Tensoflow, PyTorch, ML Lib, etc.
- Experienced with developing data pipelines in a common framework such as Beam / Spark / AirFlow / etc.
- Understand best practices around Data and Model management
- Have deployed and maintained an ML model in production
- Understand the use cases for various data processing and storage technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or a similar technical field.
- Design and Implement the Developer and Creator facing API for declaring E2E ML Pipelines and Model Experimentation.
- Develop the service APIs for various ML Infrastructure components--Serving Layer, Metadata Store, Model Registry, Feature Store, and Pipeline Orchestrator.
- Work directly with the ML Infrastructure team to identify and leverage opportunities for further automation and optimization.
- Partner across organizations to build tooling, interfaces, and visualizations that make the a delight to use.
- Have a direct impact to the state of the Roblox platform, and the industry, to the next level of managed E2E ML Pipeline Development and Automation
- Provide our developers and creators alike the ability to go from an ML idea to production in weeks or less.
- Have a direct impact as a part of the team that is building a platform to handle the thousands of model experiments per day needed to support everything from ranking and recommendations, through content moderation and fraud prevention, to studio creative tooling.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar