* San Francisco, CA, USA
* Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
* Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Sq...
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square email.
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 36 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we've held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today's banking system.
We are hiring a Machine Learning (ML) Engineering Manager to build and lead Cash App's MLE Lending team. This role reports directly to the Head of Applied ML and will involve building our MLE Lending team from scratch. It will be your team's core responsibility to build, maintain, and evolve the infrastructure and tooling that powers our ML applications in production, at scale. In doing so, you will partner frequently with our ML Modeling and platform-focused ML teams.
- Build and grow the MLE Lending team
- Take an active role in defining our MLE discipline and recruiting senior ML Engineers, with diversity being top of mind
- Design and build new ML systems, services, and models that have a large impact on both our customers and our business
- Lead complex technical, architecture, design, and product discussions
- Provide coaching and mentorship to Engineers within your team and across the organization
- Foster a culture of ownership, inclusiveness and urgency in the team
- Hold your teammates - and yourself - to high engineering standards
- 7+ years of software development/machine learning experience
- 3+ years experience directly managing Engineers - including providing mentorship, feedback, and investing in the career growth of your team members
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, maintainable code
- Knowledge of the most advanced and up-to-date ML platforms and frameworks
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
Some technologies we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- Kotlin and Python
- gRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud Platform
- Kafka, Flink, and Segment
- Event-driven architecture
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office's corresponding state and city guidelines.