San Jose, CA, United States
Jul 13, 2021
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent wo...
San Jose, CA, United States
Jul 13, 2021
At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? We develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the beginning, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world's first 5G networks, we empower the world's builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and improve people's lives.
Xilinx is looking for a talented individual to join the Video team of DCG group in the position of Senior SW Engineer. This is an opportunity to develop optimized ML models for Video encoding. You will be working with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and architecting the realization of these algorithms on our platforms. A strong knowledge of converting floating-point algorithms to fixed-point arithmetic is a must. Hands-on experience with FPGA design flows, FPGA architecture, system design, system integration, DDR memory interfaces and realizing high-performance FPGA-optimized designs and verification methodologies are also critical for the position.
- Responsible for design, optimization and testing of ML Models and test with Python, embedded C/C++ applications.
- Optimized ML library development and testing for VLIW-SIMD processors in fixed point int4, int8, int16 and floating point.
- Work closely with algorithm and design teams in US, Europe and India offices.
- Candidate will participate in different phases of a project, including architecture, system design, coding, unit testing, integration and maintenance and customer support.
- Create internal and external facing detailed documentation (micro-architecture design documents, test specifications, test reports, user guides, etc.)
Technical Skill Requirements
- BS in CE/CS +5 years relevant experience, or an MS in CE/CS +3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of C/C++, OpenCL/Cuda
- 5+ years of experience working on optimized ML models development for GPU and/or SIMD and VLIW processor architectures.
- Experience in partitioning problems for execution on a multicore processor system with latency, bandwidth and memory utilization tradeoffs.
- Proficient in C/C++, Python and various ML frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.
- Must have strong competency in understanding and analyzing complex signal processing and computer vision algorithms.
- Ability to translate a compute algorithm into fixed point hardware implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience creating internal and/or customer facing detailed documentation.
UNITED STATES: Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The information requested here is used only in compliance with US Federal laws and is not gathered for employment decisions. Responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment.
CANADA and EUROPE: Xilinx is an equal opportunities employer.
SINGAPORE and AUSTRALIA: Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, disability or sexual orientation.
CHINA, HONG KONG, KOREA, PHILIPPINES and TAIWAN: Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.