Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Payer Decision Intelligence is looking to expand and is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our team and help us reach our goals of accurate and effortless payments of claims through advanced analytics and machine learning. You should be an exceptional disciplined and self-motivated Data Scientist with Machine Learning, Anomaly Detection, and Data Engineering experience and a passion for working with healthcare data.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Help us build out our MLOps system for tracking, maintaining, interpreting, and retraining our production models
- Work alongside other data scientists and engineers to design and implement our model performance tracking system which includes detecting data drift and other anomalies through both simple and advanced anomaly detection methods, maintaining data pipelines, writing quality code, preparing interactive visualizations, and writing documentation
- Conduct hands-on data analysis on large datasets
- Effectively communicate complex technical results to business partners
- Work with a great deal of autonomy to find solutions to complex problems
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS, MS or PhD in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis and predictive analytics with machine learning/statistical modeling techniques
- Experience in advanced data science tools such as R, Python, SQL, Spark and H2O
- Experience with wrangling large datasets with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Experience in anomaly detection and time series analysis methods
- Experience combining analytic methods with advanced data visualizations using, for example, Tableau, Shiny or D3
- Experience breaking down and clearly define problems
- Experience communicating thru multiple mediums to a variety of stakeholders
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience in modern MLOps practices
- Experience in building ETL pipelines incorporating Airflow, Apache Beam or similar tools
- Experience in deploying ML solutions in one of the public cloud infrastructures (e.g. AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or some other containerization technology
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Machine Learning, deep learning, Pyspark, spark, LOF, local outlier factor, k-NN, K-nearest neighbor, autoencoder, ARIMA, autoregressive integrated moving average, ARMA, LSTM, long short term memory, RNN, signal processing, Telecommute, Remote, Work from home