Olive's AI workforce is built to fix our broken healthcare system by addressing healthcare's most burdensome issues -- deliveri...
Olive's AI workforce is built to fix our broken healthcare system by addressing healthcare's most burdensome issues -- delivering hospitals and health systems increased revenue, reduced costs, and increased capacity. People feel lost in the system today and healthcare employees are essentially working in the dark due to outdated technology that creates a lack of shared knowledge and siloed data. Olive is designed to drive connections, shining a new light on the broken healthcare processes that stand between providers and patient care. She uses AI to reveal life-changing insights that make healthcare more efficient, affordable and effective. Olive's vision is to unleash a trillion dollars of hidden potential within healthcare by connecting its disconnected systems. Olive is improving healthcare operations today, so everyone can benefit from a healthier industry tomorrow.
Olive Shares is connecting providers and payers to create the Internet of Healthcare. Our team builds and implements a suite of Software as a Service (SaaS) products that integrate across Electronic Health Record systems and payer systems, with intuitive workflows and deep healthcare expertise. Our SaaS platform accelerates prior authorizations for providers, and enables the first-in-the-world real-time AI clinical reviews.
This position supports our goal of connecting providers, payers, and patients to the Internet of Healthcare. One of the first challenges to address is prior authorization of payment for care. Each prior authorization request, even for routine requests, takes significant time on the provider side to prepare a packet justifying the request, and then on the payer side to process the packet. Using NLP and AI/ML toolkits, we are building solutions to speed this process and get patients the treatment they need sooner.
- Develop machine learning architectures to make Olive better at determining prior authorization through MLOps practices, including:
- Designing experiments to test architectures
- Deploying selected models as service endpoints
- Monitoring models in production
- Updating models as needed to improve performance
- Automating processes where possible
- Understand and maintain data pipelines from raw sources to feature stores for models
- Communicate within the team on project status / blockers to get help when needed and render aid when able
- Adhere to security and data protection policies
- Lead technical discussions and mentor junior team members
- Communicate to stakeholders outside the team project status & risks
- Review processes and recommend changes to improve operations
Preferred Skills/Experience Nice To Have
- Ability to complete work that is of high quality and documented for colleagues to onboard to the project
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, management, and clients to solve complex problems
- Ability to maintain focus and a positive outlook in a fast-paced and changing environment where team success is not judged on delivering the "perfect" model, but on continuous model improvement
- Experience and/or training equivalent to Masters in a Machine Learning-adjacent field
- Experience solving general problems with data
- Experience with machine learning operations
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data sources
- Experience with using code for data science (Python preferred, including pandas, scikit-learn, keras, Tensorflow 2+, py/Flask, spacy and Numpy)
- Experience with source control for code (Git preferred)
- Experience with cloud-based compute (Databricks preferred)
- Experience with Agile development, continuous integration, testing, deployment & release methodologies
- Experience with Restful APIs
- Familiarity with HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
At Olive, we're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. Olive encourages everyone - including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community - to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Olive AI, Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and consistently evaluate new ways to provide an amazing place to work. From retirement planning, to a wellness program designed to actively incorporate mental and physical wellness into daily interactions amongst fellow Olivians, we make sure to take care of our own.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance that starts on your first day at Olive with 100% of premiums covered for team members and 75% covered for dependents
- Monthly Grid stipend to cover work related expenses
- Unlimited PTO
- EAP/Mental health resources
- Getaways by Marriott Bonvoy
- Family-building and fertility support via Kindbody
- 12 weeks of parental leave
- 401(K) match
- Wellness program
- Stock Options