Machine learning is a key initiative for Overstock as we strive to help our customers find great deals on furniture, décor, and other items ...
Machine learning is a key initiative for Overstock as we strive to help our customers find great deals on furniture, décor, and other items to make every home a dream home.
Overstock is looking for an Engineer to support our Core Machine Learning team where we are leveraging the power of technology and data science to improve customer engagement and experience.
In the Machine Learning Engineer role, you will collaborate with other team members, including data scientists, software engineers, product managers, and external partners to understand relevant business needs and optimize performance of our Machine Learning infrastructure.
You will work on problems like recommender systems, search ranking, and personalization. You will build frameworks, webservices, and data pipelines for mature production machine learning systems. Sometimes you will be the one training the model and sometimes you'll work with a crack Machine Learning Scientist who's in that role. We work in Python, Scala, and Java and use technologies including Spark, Kafka, TensorFlow, Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, and GCP.
Develop and maintain production-quality ML systems, including ETL and on-demand modeling runtimes.
Collaborate with other developers (both data scientists and engineers) to design, research, implement, and integrate solutions.
Be a source of knowledge and mentorship for data scientists who do not have an engineering background.
Designs, develops, and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments.
Develop and code software programs, algorithms, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
- 5 years professional experience as a software engineer
- Proven hands-on experience building solutions for large-scale data infrastructures and ML pipelines.
- Expert in Python programming
- Experience with Linux, AWS (EC2 and serverless), Kubernetes, and Docker
- Understanding of DevOps practices and tools
- Exposure to multiple ML frameworks including Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and PyTorch
- Experience with all aspects of version control, CI/CD pipelines, and software build tools
- Experience instrumenting and monitoring data workflows in production.
- Ability to automate the setup and management of data infrastructure.
- Solid experience working on large-scale, production data processing systems including data ingestion, normalization, and storage.
What We Offer:
- 401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
- Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
- Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
- Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
- And More…
- *Benefits vary based on location, position, tenure, and employee election