Liberty Lending is a fintech company that offers consumers a digital banking and lending platform with the mission of helping eve...
Liberty Lending is a fintech company that offers consumers a digital banking and lending platform with the mission of helping everyone make financial progress. The company was founded by a Team that has deep experience in building customer-centric, data-driven products that make personal finance simple and intuitive - we've helped consumers pay-off $800MM in debt to date. Our competitive difference is our data and product capabilities, our people, our appetite for disruption and relentless focus on the consumer in a world where the choices are overwhelming. With our expanding suite of lending and banking services that will be delivered through best-in-class digital products and experiences, we are focused on helping consumers de-mystify personal finances so they can live better lives.
About the Department:
Liberty Lending's Risk and Decision Science team consists of a group of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Analytics Professionals covering all the business units and Business Intelligence Analysts. We are passionate about data and cutting-edge technology. Our goal is to leverage the data to drive the business growth agenda. The Risk and Decision Science team works cross functionally with other business units to ideate, hypothesize, analyze and test, formalize, implement, maintain, and track progress for all initiatives.
About the Role:
Liberty Lending's Data science team has a direct impact on our company's success. The team consists of data scientists, research specialists, and machine learning engineers.
Members of our data science team need the strong creative problem-solving skills and technical background required to solve the wide array of emerging challenges the company must face. Our research environment affords team members the opportunity to utilize a variety of statistical and machine learning methods with the freedom and encouragement to pursue alternative approaches to solving problems. Whether developing new products or identifying novel approaches to core models, we are continuously seeking the next big ideas to move our business forward.
Head of Data Science
What You'll Do:
As a Machine Learning Engineer with Liberty Lending, you'll be responsible for productionalizing, deploying, and training machine learning models. You'll also have an opportunity to work alongside a talented team that values curiosity, humility, drive, and teamwork.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, or Research Scientist
- Experience productionalizing, deploying, and training machine learning models (we use Python, but experience in any language is valuable)
- Interest in helping other data scientists improve code quality in addition to conducting independent analyses
- Experience optimizing models for memory and speed
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistics or a strong desire to learn
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related area of study
Why Join Us?
- Be a part of a pioneering growth company located in the financial district of NYC
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing and young company
- Be pivotal in scaling the business and join an early stage fintech
- Enjoy the agility and geographic flexibility offered by a startup culture - sociable and friendly work environment
- Huge opportunities to grow and develop - Chief Revenue Officer is a 20 year+ veteran in data-driven consumer finance
What We Offer:
We believe in a team-first culture, with growth and recognition for our team members. We are dedicated to our team member's success and growth within the company.
Our extensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) match
- Paid Holidays, Sick Days, and Vacation
- 10 weeks paid parental leave
- Pre-tax Transit Benefits
- Discounted Gym Membership
- No-cost Life Insurance Benefits
Liberty Lending is currently remotely due to COVID-19, but we are asking for flexibility going forward as circumstances change and we determine to transition teams back to work in the office. The following are requirements to perform this role while working from home:
- Have a quiet, dedicated space at home that meets your ergonomic needs where you can work uninterrupted
- Have high speed internet
- Some positions require a direct connection into your modem/router (not via wifi)
- Be comfortable trouble shooting technical issues without in-person IT support
Liberty Lending is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Liberty Lending makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.