Selby Jennings is working with a world class Proprietary Trading Firm that is building out a new Austin office. This team is looking for Res...
Selby Jennings is working with a world class Proprietary Trading Firm that is building out a new Austin office. This team is looking for Research Engineers to build out their research infrastructure. The infrastructure facilitates active ML pipelines for feature engineering, modelling, back-testing, and simulation. The work also involves extensive collaboration with researchers and traders to develop and improve pricing features and engine algorithms.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with senior researchers, traders and technologists to research new ideas, tackle complex problems, and deliver appropriate solutions
- Design, develop, support, and maintain large portions of our research and trading infrastructure
- Establish vision and technical direction for major initiatives
- Ensure new and existing programs adhere to our coding, architectural, and operational standards
- Develop a deep understanding of trading and exchanges
- Engineer and refine new scientific approaches alongside the deployment of our research platforms and technologies
- Cross technological domains to consider and challenge all dimensions of the problem at hand without fear of artificial silos of information and ownership
What you'll need:
- Strong engineering instincts and a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Experience in statistical modelling, mathematics or related domains
- An ability to generate research ideas and implement and execute solutions to represent them
- Experience with either C, C++, Python, Linux is preferred
- No financial experience is required