The Data Scientist is a hands-on individual contributor who is willing to immerse themselves in the core business operations and help bring ...
The Data Scientist is a hands-on individual contributor who is willing to immerse themselves in the core business operations and help bring technical context to the team and identify opportunities for unlocking new value from our unique data sets. The Data Scientist will be creating and delivering ML solutions to support our organization and clients. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. The successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with peers and technology partners to translate complex user stories into successful AI product releases. You have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace. You are a team builder who leads by example and celebrates when others succeed. You are a consensus builder who knows how to listen, make decisions, and adopt new ideas. Those around you regularly seek out your knowledge. You love exploring massive datasets to find new insights. You are comfortable being measured by the results. You can prioritize multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- BS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience as a Machine Learning Engineer, Big Data Engineer, Data Scientist, or in a similar role
- Expertise with ML pipelines, algorithms, model development (classification, clustering, optimization, deep learning, predictive modeling, etc.)
- Expertise in building, deploying, and maintaining ML models in production at scale
- Experience with Kubernetes or other distributed systems
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Golang, C++).
- Experience with manipulating massive scale structured and unstructured data
- Designing and developing applications using Big Data frameworks
Nice to Haves
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with Hadoop or other big data paradigms, and associated languages such as Spark, Presto, Hive, etc.
- Experience with AWS including but not limited to S3, Lambda, EKS, RDS, MSK, and other big data technologies
- Experience in applied statistics and statistical modeling in at least one statistical software package, preferably Python.
- Knowledge of technologies including but not limited to Polyaxon, ELK Stack, Prometheus, Grafana, Helm, Terraform, and Jenkins.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to synthesize and compile compelling narratives, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including customers, customer success, and executives
- Experience influencing strategy through data-centric presentations