PointsBet (ASX: PBH) is a digital sports betting and technology company, partnered with NBC Universal as the Official Sports Betting Partner...
PointsBet (ASX: PBH) is a digital sports betting and technology company, partnered with NBC Universal as the Official Sports Betting Partner of NBC Sports. We are dedicated to bringing the fastest betting experience in the world to sports lovers across the United States.
We are currently looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our Denver, CO based team. As Machine Learning Engineer you will play an integral role in supporting PointsBet's continued growth and success.
We provide an opportunity for our people - our most powerful and irreplaceable resources - to work in an environment that is rewarding, fun, challenging, and an instrument for both personal and professional growth as PointsBet continues to become a major force in the newly legalized US Sports Betting market.
PointsBet is a sports betting operator that sits in the very rare position of owning and controlling its technology end to end. Our proprietary platform and our commitment to an in-house approach powers unrivalled innovation and personalized experiences that our customers cannot get anywhere else.
Our partnerships with leading sports organizations, teams and franchises provides both our customers and team members with unique sporting experience:
- Exclusive, Official Gaming Partner of the Denver Nuggets (NBA), Colorado Avalanche (NHL) and their home venue, Ball Arena
- Official Sports Betting Sponsor of the Chicago Bears (NFL)
- Exclusive, Official Gaming Partner of the Detroit Tigers (MLB)
- Official Gaming Partner of the Detroit Red Wings (NHL) and Little Caesars Arena
- Proud Sports Betting Partner of the Detroit Pistons (NBA)
- Official Sports Gaming Partner of the Indiana Pacers (NBA)
- Proud Sportsbook Partner of the Indianapolis Colts (NFL)
- Authorized Betting Operator of the National Basketball Association (NBA)
- Authorized Gaming Operator of Major League Baseball (MLB)
- Official Betting Operator of golf's PGA TOUR
- Exclusive, Official Betting Partner of LaLiga North America
- Exclusive, Official Partner of University of Colorado Buffaloes
As we continue to take the sports betting world by storm, we will continue to bring our proprietary and best-in-market technology, modernized and premium brand mentality, expert trading practices and proven growth marketing strategies to emerging sports betting markets.
Bet on us - there is no greater time than now to join the PointsBet family!
WHAT YOU WILL OWN
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Social Sciences or equivalent (with Machine Learning/AI focus preferred)
- Strong interpersonal communication abilities, the ability to distill complex concepts to multi-disciplinary stakeholders
- A self-starter with propensity for action and communication; humility when communicating with a diverse set of cross-cutting stakeholders; humility to communicate and ask for help when you're blocked or challenged.
- Experience wrangling data and exploratory data analysis for advanced analytics
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Working experience with SQL/NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse(s) and ETL Solutions
- Proven project experience delivering insights from data science and ML approaches
- Experience using shell scripts, Python, Java and/or C# in production environments with source code management and distributed version-control systems like Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket.
- Demonstrated cloud development experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud, AWS or GCS (Azure Preferred)
- Experience with Azure Databricks
- Demonstrated project experience with an industry-leading ML library (scikit-learn, PyTorch, Tensorflow/Keras)
- 2+ years experience with building data pipelines and/or end-to-end ML solutions
- Aptitude for working cross-dimensionally, experience communicating technical details to non-technical stakeholders, ability to effectively communicate project hurdles to project stakeholders.
- Advanced statistical analysis abilities and strong understanding of the mathematical foundations of Machine Learning/Statistical algorithms with the ability to explain to non-technical stakeholders
- The successful candidate will have a great team attitude, strong desire to collaborate and contribute to our culture
- Engage with various stakeholders and executive leadership - excellent communication is required
SKILLS WE SEEK
- Support ongoing ML and Data Science initiatives as a member of the Technology team.
- A deep understanding of PointsBet data sources and processes.
- Research, prototype, develop and deploy ML solutions in collaboration with Product and Engineering teams.
- Enhance team capabilities through proactive research and development.
- Partner closely with product and business domain experts to verify ML model capabilities.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging capabilities in AI, ML and analytical technologies and how these can be applied to the product and business opportunities.
- Communicate effectively with technical and business stakeholders across the globe.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Company paid medical plan for employees and dependents.
- Dental and Vision.
- 401(k) with a generous match.
- Bonus program.
- Medical and Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Paid Time Off and 10 paid holidays.
- Conveniently located in Downtown Denver just 3 blocks from Union Station
PointsBet is dedicated to a culture of high performance and ensuring our employees are setup to deliver their best. We offer a fast-paced, dynamic work environment where emphasis is placed on our most important asset: our people. If you are driven and in search of a new opportunity that values people, creativity, opportunity, results, and a commitment to excellence then this is where you want to be!
PointsBet is an Equal Opportunity Employer