We are looking for a ML and Statistical Geneticist to contribute to the analysis and interpretation of 100,000s of genotyped and sequenced h...
We are looking for a ML and Statistical Geneticist to contribute to the analysis and interpretation of 100,000s of genotyped and sequenced humans, with the goal of generating the knowledge to help Regeneron to deliver better medicines to the patients who need them. You will develop machine learning methods and solutions to a range of problems in statistical genetics, imaging genetics and analysis of electronic health records. We work collaboratively with other specialists in genomic data analysis, biology, computation and medicine to design, execute and refine analyses that connect genetic variation to human diseases and health and help develop and implement the methods and tools that will enable these analyses to be executed and interpreted at scale.
A TYPICAL DAY MIGHT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Develop and apply cutting edge machine learning, image analysis and statistical genetics methods and deploy them at scale to answer biological and disease genetics questions that cover all the areas of interest of the RGC.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and interpret analyses of genomewide association analysis, with sequencing or genotyping data as a substrate, is desirable.
- Critically review and provide feedback on analyses plans, results and summaries to ensure they are accurate and reliable. Identify potential problems and propose remedies or refinements.
- Outstanding communication skills to present new statistical methods and concepts and the results of human genetic studies to a variety of technical audiences, ranging from specialists in genetics and computation to specialists in biology, drug design and medicine.
- Ability to work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
THIS ROLE MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Bring innovative thinking to large-scale genetic studies and analysis.
- Have a strong work ethic and are proactive in providing solutions to foster scientific collaborations and drive projects forward within Regeneron.
- Have ability to work in a highly interactive environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Have outstanding communication skills to summarize and present new statistical methods and concepts and the results of human genetic studies to a variety of technical audiences, ranging from specialists in statistical genetics and computation to specialists in biology, drug design and medicine.
- Are a motivated teammate with a desire to pursue genetic discovery in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.