ThisWay Global is an Austin-based startup in the recruitment space and we are looking for engineering interns to work with large datasets th...
ThisWay Global is an Austin-based startup in the recruitment space and we are looking for engineering interns to work with large datasets that will help people find jobs.
We have a suite of products designed to streamline and reduce the headache of sourcing top qualified candidates.Our company builds artificial intelligence and automation technology for the HR tech space, servicing SME and enterprise customers. We are currently looking for a talented Engineering Intern to join the team in our Austin, TX office. For this internship you must be living in the US and also be a US Citizen. Due to the current hiring freeze this is an unpaid, volunteer intern position.
On a daily basis you may be asked to do any one of the following jobs
- Analyze datasets and determine best approaches for normalization
- Define and perform comparative analysis to determine the best algorithms to use for each dataset
- Propose and code/build (using Kotlin/Java and supporting libraries and systems) various ML/AI/computational algorithms for normalizing the datasets
- Currently pursuing BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related major
- Fluent in at least one JVM based programming language (Java/Kotlin - Kotlin preferred)
- Conversant with Spring/SpringBoot and/or willing to learn
- Experience with AI (ML, Deep Learning) and data science would be a plus, especially Java/Kotlin libraries like Smile, DeepLeaning4J, Jenetics, Krangle
- Highly motivated to learn and be up-to-date with technology
- You must be a self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
- You need to be able to stay calm and positive when solving a problem with a team.
- You will be developing products that will help people find jobs with great companies, without using outdated job search processes.
- Tailor-made mentorship program - we are interested in hiring full-time after the internship.
- Flexible in terms of working schedule.
- Working with a top-level team that is experienced in building successful startups.
- We have a great office located downtown Austin. close to restaurants, hike/bike and running trails.