Head of Engineering for AI & Machine Learning
Kelvin is a software company dedicated to unlocking the power of data science t...
Head of Engineering for AI & Machine Learning
Kelvin is a software company dedicated to unlocking the power of data science to create a more efficient, safe and sustainable industrial automation industry. The Kelvin Intelligent Control Software Platform enables our customers to transform their legacy operations into automated, self-optimizing systems using AI-driven intelligent automation applications. Our team is distributed around the world with offices in San Francisco, Colorado, Australia, and Portugal.
How we work
Kelvin embraced the remote spirit, meaning you get to create your own schedule no matter the timezone. You'll be joining a team of engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA, data scientists, designers, product managers, project managers, operations and finance, around the globe.
We're looking for a skilled hands-on Engineering Leader focused on machine learning/artificial intelligence software development and delivery for Kelvin OS and Kelvin Apps.
You will drive software technology strategies, oversee product development and delivery and ensure the team is hitting its mark. You will help the team do their best work by inspiring and instilling a sense of purpose/innovation and removing obstacles that get in the team's way.
You will be the right fit if you have:
- Experience and knowledge about various aspects of data engineering, data science, ML/AL model training, inference and management, analytics workbench, etc.
- A demonstrated passion for data analysis, product innovation, building and shaping data culture with technologies like AI & ML.
- A proven track record of recruiting, coaching, and managing early career and experienced technologists.
At Kelvin, your main responsibilities will be:
- Support new product development ideas by providing guidance on the best use of AI/ML to develop products or supporting tools. Ability to lead initiatives across multiple product areas, provide status and executive presentations.
- Work closely with the product management team and provide technical leadership across multiple teams, by understanding key technologies deeply enough to help guide product and technology strategy.
- Build, mentor and develop a team by putting the right people in the right job at the right time and cultivate a strong culture of experimentation, delivery and impact.
- Create an innovative environment that brings out the best ideas from all engineers through empowerment, embracing new ideas, removing roadblocks, and facilitating fast decisions.
- 8-10 years of experience working in PaaS / SaaS product development and delivery, especially for enterprise / industrial software.
- Demonstrated experience solving business problems with AI/ML to incorporate predictive modeling, data mining, and exploratory data analysis.
- Designing, deployment and management of scalable data pipelines.
- Experience with a variety of ML and AI techniques and to stay current with AI/ML trends and research.
- Experience working with product, engineering, and data teams to deliver commercially viable and scalable machine learning models.
- You are deep technically and can mentor and guide all levels of engineers.
- You are 'Data' driven in your decision making and have the ability to bring innovative ideas and solutions to solve a problem. You have the ability to back up your decisions with the right data, research and execution strategy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage customers at a business level in addition to a technical level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a team player attitude.
- Bachelor's, Master's or doctoral degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or a similar field.
Preferred to have:
- Prior experience of deep learning software, frameworks and technologies such as (but not limited to) AWS Sagemaker, Azure ML, TensorFlow, DataBricks, etc.
- Strong knowledge and foundation of mathematical and statistical concepts.
- Desire to be hands-on in all phases of design and development.
- Proponent of adopting open sources tools and principles.
- Experience in managing geo distributed engineering, customers and product management team spanning multiple time zones.
- Experience in defining product OKRs and measuring KPIs to bring clarity of execution to the teams.
Kelvin believes in putting its employees first. We offer a generous compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, FSA, unlimited PTO, and 401(k) benefits with a match.
We also offer unlimited PTO, flexible working hours and a home office setup for your remote working needs.
Kelvin is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We believe that different backgrounds and life experiences make our team better. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.