Stoicheia is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup poised to build the world's most powerful materials artificial intelli...
Stoicheia is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup poised to build the world's most powerful materials artificial intelligence (AI) and dramatically accelerate the discovery of materials. The demand for new materials has never been greater with the urge to pivot away from oil and gas and build a sustainable future. Unlike many other aspects of our lives, AI has failed to transform materials discovery due to a lack of high-quality structure-function datasets and prohibitively high costs to acquire them.
Stoicheia's smart, high-throughput experimentation technology is primed to address the data challenge. We create hundreds of thousands of material candidates on a single chip, screen them for the property of interest, and generate the largest and highest quality structure-function data for machine learning faster than anyone else. As such, Stoicheia is uniquely positioned to solve major societal problems through the accelerated discovery and development of materials for applications ranging from green hydrogen production and carbon dioxide utilization to solar energy harvesting and battery storage.
We are looking for a Data Scientist/Machine Learning Research Scientist to join our multidisciplinary team and play an important role in transforming the world. You will be responsible for developing and applying state-of-the-art AI/ML algorithms for mining and analyzing large-scale and high-dimensional experimental data to guide our discovery process. You will contribute to building the data infrastructure, implement data and AI/ML pipelines, and address large scale challenges in the ML development cycle. Furthermore, you will have an opportunity to play a foundational role in the further growth of our ML/AI team.
▪ Ph.D. or equivalent in Materials Science, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, or a related field
▪ 3+ years of experience applying statistical and advanced machine learning algorithms, preferably in the materials discovery field or related
▪ 3+ years of experience in Python
▪ Hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn)
▪ Development experience in cloud environments within Azure, AWS, or GCP
▪ Experience in implementing information security for cloud is a plus
▪ Experience with probabilistic models (e.g., Gaussian Processes, Bayesian Neural Networks) and generative models (e.g., VAE, GAN, Flow)
▪ Experience with DFT computational methods, or similar, for modeling material properties is a plus
▪ Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
How Is It to Work at Stoicheia?
Stoicheia offers an exciting, fast-paced startup working environment. You will work alongside curious and passionate scientists and engineers who do not believe in the impossible and always welcome complex problems and challenges to solve. We each bring unique knowledge and skills that we put together in various ways to collaboratively come up with most effective and creative solutions and learn from each other. We enjoy getting our hands dirty, wear multiple hats, and take initiative and the lead when we see a need. We are ambitious with our milestones and timeline and work both smart and hard, but no one said changing the world would be easy.
You job at Stoicheia comes with the following benefits:
▪ Medical, dental, and vision insurance
▪ 401k plan
▪ Paid Time Off
▪ Potential for equity participation
Stoicheia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status