HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve ...
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Data Science Director Machine Learning for BiologicsLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is dedicated to discovering transformative medicines that address the leading causes of death and disability. Within Amgens Research and Development organization, the Computational and Data Sciences (CDS) team strives to revolutionize the design and discovery of breakthrough differentiating therapeutics. Driven by passion and commitment, the CDS team provides actionable insights from physical and data modeling to accelerate therapeutic discovery.
We are currently seeking a world class machine learning scientist and a team leader with strong expertise and proven accomplishments to join our drug discovery and molecular engineering effort. In this vital role you will:
- Lead a team of computational scientists and data engineers in support of broad biologics discovery and optimization
- Apply the most effective and cutting-edge computational methods, including structural and physical modeling, machine learning, and data scientific approaches to advance our drug discovery programs, spanning multiple biologics modalities including therapeutic proteins, antibodies, and various bispecific and conjugate molecules.
- Expand machine learning capability, capacity and application domains
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Data Science Director with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree with 4 years of industrial experience
Masters degree and 7 years of industrial experience
Bachelors degree and 9 years of industrial experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- PhD. in Computational Biology or Chemistry, Protein Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics
- Strong track record of research accomplishment with ten or more scientific publications or conference presentations
- Strong and broad experience in machine learning, Bayesian optimization, and protein modeling
- Strong communication skills and enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Experience in hiring and leading a team
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.